need help with medications

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by theduke, Sep 21, 2003.

1. theduke

theduke New Member

the pain i have is with me almost continually. the medications i take makes me so sleepy i have actually fell aspeed at the wheel, going to work in the mornings. i cannot work unless i take the pain medications to keep my pain down to a tolerable level. it really scares me to think of not being able to work at all. my doctor has me on lexapro for an antidepressant, methadone 10 Mg.3 times daily, lortab 7.5 Mg. 2 tablets 3 times daily. norvasc 10 Mg. for raynauds,and plaquenil for lupus. then when i told my doctor i was falling asleep at the wheel he prscribed dexedrine 10 Mg. 3 times daily so i could stay alert. I need information on pain medications that do not make you sleepy. i have tried alot of different pain medications. the ones i'm on seems to work the best for me. i am very sensitive to medications that make you sleepy. does anyone have some suggestions. the duke.
  2. garlinbarb

garlinbarb New Member

I wish my bro was here because he could probably help you. The only thing I can tell yu to do is work with your doctor on this. Also maybe changing the time that you take your meds.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Barb
  3. leenielew2

leenielew2 New Member

Hi,
    I am also sensitive to meds. I am currently very depressed because I cannot find a Doc. that will take my Insurance. I did find a Rheumotologist who put me on the Duragesic Patch and it works fairly well. However, now I find out that they won't take my insurance anymore. The Primary is scared to death to prescribe me this med because it is a class 2 Narcotic. I am at my wit's end. I am currently in Fla and going back to PA for a couple of months. I want to apply for SS Disability but that takes forever. I have gone through almost all my money because I haven't worked in 1 1/2 yrs.
    So, I know how hard it is. I have had FMS for over 15 yrs.
    I come to Fla to get out of the cold and have to switch my insurance each time. I have Blue Cross/Blue shield.

Ask you Doc about the Duragesic patch. It made me sick for a very short time and then I have been okay since. I don't get sleepy on it. And I have stopped almost all other meds, except Mirapex for my sleep disorder.
    God Bless & Big Hugs.
    Leenie