Need Help With Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SandiGS, Oct 16, 2002.

1. SandiGS

SandiGS New Member

I was just diagnosed with FM today and put on Oxycontin. I was wondering if anyone knows of any organizations that provides you with your medications if you can't afford them. I have seen 2 sites listed somewhere before but I can't find them now. I havew a friend who desparately needs this information as he is about to lose his insurance. I have been visitng this board for quiet a while now as I was pretty sure I had Fibro, I just never posted before. I was waiting for the Dr. to give me the official diagnosis. I have had it for almost 4 years and been to every kind of Dr you can imagine, trying to find out what was wrong. Believe it or not, it was actually a relief to get a diagnosis so I can get some help. The pain had gotten almost unbearable. Thanks for listening, Sandi
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2002]
  2. SandiGS

SandiGS New Member

I was just diagnosed with FM today and put on Oxycontin. I was wondering if anyone knows of any organizations that provides you with your medications if you can't afford them. I have seen 2 sites listed somewhere before but I can't find them now. I havew a friend who desparately needs this information as he is about to lose his insurance. I have been visitng this board for quiet a while now as I was pretty sure I had Fibro, I just never posted before. I was waiting for the Dr. to give me the official diagnosis. I have had it for almost 4 years and been to every kind of Dr you can imagine, trying to find out what was wrong. Believe it or not, it was actually a relief to get a diagnosis so I can get some help. The pain had gotten almost unbearable. Thanks for listening, Sandi
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2002]
  3. Dlee

Dlee New Member

I wish I knew I don't have ins and my med for this month ran 322.00 for my FM meds thats not for the other meds I have to take. Maybe someone has an answer for us. welcome to the board
    Donna
  4. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

bumping it up. I don't have the answer for you.
  5. achy

achy New Member

Locally Call:
    American Red Cross
    Salvation Army
    Dept. Of Health
    Your Doctor/hospital

ONLINE SOURCE
    http://www.themedicineprogram.com/info.html

you can also contact the manufacturer...on occasion they will help w/free Rx.
    Lotsa places...just look around

Usta be my job...
    Achy