Need help with multi-tasking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

any ideas to help?

I pretty much burnt out my multi-tasking ablities from my previous job and haven't worried too much about it.

***but now like any other job, they want us to give more & more for our job

trying to find ways to keep the boss happy at work---need this job!!

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2009]
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i could give you some tips, i too used to be a heck of a multi tasker,lol. but sadly those days are gone. i am now trying to make peace with what this disease has left me with, One task per day.... if im lucky.But I'm sure tons of peeps on her will have some good advice for you on shortcuts and such, good luck, Kat
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Can you give more specifics?

I have a very busy job - lots of details that cannot be missed and are deadline imperative. I keep a small spiral notebook on my desk. All of my voicemail messages on it. I also jot down anything else I need to take care of, it I can't do it right then and there. I check it off as I go.
    If things don't get completed that day - I record on the next page, to start the following day off with. I also use my Outlook Task list for a reminder of things to do.

My memory is much worse than it used to be. I've found that there are certain things I have to do right then and there or I'll forget. So I do them. Keeping a good filing system or organizational system for yourself is very important. Keeping things in view is key for me as well. I have a standing file on my desk so looking at it reminds me. If things are in a drawer, I'm more likely to forget about them.

I return calls during a certain time of day, unless it's really important.
    I clean my desk off before I leave for the day or set things up for the next day in order of priority.

It really depends on what kind of work you're doing and what kind of trouble specifically youre having in order to give you really good advice.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

google - it's your friend! There are lots of tips on the internet! =)
    You'll probably find tons of information.