NEED HELP WITH PAIN MEDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DebM, Aug 28, 2003.

1. DebM

DebM New Member

HI EVERYONE I AM NEW TO THE BOARDS. I AM REALLY ENJOYING READING ALL THE POST AND HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH. i FINALLY DON'T FEEL ALONE. I AM ON 125 MG TOPAMAX FOR NEUROPATHY TWICE A DAY, 6MG ZELNORM FOR IBS, 100 MG TRAZADONE AT NIGHT FOR SLEEPING, AND 40 MG PAXIL TO HELP ME COPE. I HAVE TRIED VIOXX AND CELEBREX FOR PAIN-I MIGHT AS WELL BE TAKING TYLENOL. I WAS ON NEURONTIM FOR AWHILE BUT IT MADE ME FEEL TOO OUT OF IT. IS THERE ANYTHING TO TAKE THAT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL TOTALY OUT OF IT? I HAVE PAIN EVERYWHERE.

PLEASE HELP.

DEB
  2. orionshines94

orionshines94 New Member

Ultram helps some people. Depending on how severe the pain is. Pain patches work wery well with little or no side effects "Durgesic" however they are expensive. I hope you have good results. Sheila Topeka, Ks.
  3. arod59_2

arod59_2 New Member

ultram is a good pain med to try iv'e been on it for about 6 years now & i also take percodan when i need it. hope you find something that works for you.take care.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

For pain I am on the duragesic patch and take Vicodin for break through pain. Vioxx and Celebrex, in my opinion, do not work for FM pain. I have tried them before I was diagnosed with FM. I believe there are several articles that state that neither one helps with the pain of FM.

Does the Zelnorm help with the IBS? Do you have to take it everyday or just when you're having "one of those days"?

I'm glad you found this board, there is so much information to be gotten that can help.

Dara
  5. DebM

DebM New Member

Thanks so muck for your help everyone!! I haven't had much luck with the vioxx or celebrex myself, thats why I wanted some help from real people!! The zelnorm really helps. I had to take for about a month before it started to work. I still take it twice a day. It helps so much with the IBS but I still have to becareful of what I eat. I used to eat anything. Now I can't have dairy, red meat, salad. It is no fun.

Deb