NEED HELP WITH PERC DETOX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nyer566, May 7, 2010.

1. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

I AM CURRENTLY TALKING 20 1/S MGS A DAY, I HAVE ALREADY DROPPED FROM 4O MGS. I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS A SAFE WAY TO DROP AMOUNT AND HOW FAR TO SPACE THEM APART, UNTIL ITS TIME TO JUMP OFF THE PERCS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

If you have a helpful knowledgeable doc or pharmacist that is good advice, definitely ask. Pain managment docs should know. there is also a lot of info on the net, there is some really intricate stuff about going off benzos that might apply too. If the med doesnt come in smaller amounts you can break them into pieces and keep making it smaller every week or get gel caps and divide powder into smaller pills, the trick is to do it slowly. When you get farther along maybe adding in an antidepressant or provigil (provigil seems to hit the same neurotransmittors as pain meds) if you can tolerate that sort of stuff, can help the brain feel more normal and also help reduce pain. A lot of cfs folks are too mcs to tolerate those other meds though. What about suboxone?
  3. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

MY DR SAID TO DROP TEN MGS A WEEK, I THINK THATS TOO FAST, I HAVE SOME MUSCLE ACHES BUT NO THROWING UP OR DIARRHEA. I AM TAKING SOMA FOR MUSCLE PAIN AND FEEL PRETTY NORMAL. I AM ONLY ON MY LAST 20 AND A HALF LEFT. I HAVE BEEN CUTTING MY DOSE BY 1/4 OF A TEN EVERY WEEK. THE SOMA HELPS AND I ALSO TAKE KLONOPIN FOR ANXIETY. WHICH HELPS. I HAVE TAKEN PERCS NO MORE THAN 40 MGS FOR ABOUT ALMOST A YEAR. MOSTLY I GET HOT FLASHES AND SOME ACHES AND PAINS. MY DR SAID HE WILL GIVE ME ANOTHER NON NARCOTIC PAIN KILLER TO HELP. I HAVE ABOUT 115 PILLS LEFT THEN THATS IT. ACTUALLY I USUALLY ONLY TOOK 30 MGS, TRIED NOT TO TAKE THE WHOLE 40. I WILL CALL MY PHARMACIST TOMORROW.
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I've been thinking about you, in fact I posted a thread to you yesterday. I think it's on page 2 now.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I don't know about percs, but I believe it's stronger that the Norco 10/325s that I was taking. Maybe you're right, the dr's idea of weaning may be too fast for you to do at home. I'd call the dr right away to alleviate your worries. If your dr wants to help, I'm sure he'll give you some options.

I did some of my weaning at home, but couldn't manage to get lower than 2 Norco per day = 20mg Hydro. They say the last part of the detox is the hardest, and I believe it to be true. Also, the suboxone weaning and detox was horrible...just another med to detox from.

I'm sure I told you about my detox awhile back. It was rough, but my pain level is much lower than ever (3 mos clean). I would have never believed it until I lived to tell about it. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Hang on, don't panic, take care of yourself!

xoxo Hermit
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Thanks for the bump, I wasn't smart enough to think to do that myself. Brain a bit scattered at this time, ya know?
  6. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Pills that are not "scored" (a line running down the middle where it can be split in half) should not be split.

Pills manufacturers cannot quarantee that the pill taker will get 1/2 of the med when it's split in half if the pill is not scored. For instance, with a 100 mg pill, you might get 75 mg. on one half and 25 mg. on the other half.

People trying to cut down on meds should ask their MD or pharmacist for a pill in a smaller dosage when trying to cut down.
  7. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

THESE PILLS ARE SCORED AND CAN BE CUT INTO VERY SMALL PIECES WITH A PILL CUTTER. IM DOIN GOOD HERMIT. SO FAR SO GOOD. I SEE A PAIN MANAGEMENT DR TUESDAY MAYBE HE CAN HELP ME WITH THE LAST 20 1/2 MGS. AND I WON'T DO SUBS CUZ ITS JUST EXCHANGING ONE DRUG FOR ANOTHER AND I HEARD THEY ARE STRONGER THAN PERCS. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.
    TOMORROW I DROP TO 20 MGS. I AM DROPPING BY 1/4TH OF A TEN EVERY 5 DAYS SO FAR SO GOOD, HARDLY NO DETOX PAIN JUST SOME MUSCLE PAIN. I ALSO SEE THAT DR WHO SPECIALIZES IN PAIN MANAGEMENT DAY AFTER TOMORROW SO HE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME DROP OFF IT WITH NO WORRY. I WANT OFF THE PERCS IN THE WORST WAY. I HAVE ONLY TAKEN 40 MGS FOR ABOUT THE LAST YEAR. NOW THEY AREN'T WORKING VERY GOOD AT ALL. I WISH I HAD TO TAKE NO MEDS BUT I HAVE SOMA FOR THE MUSCLE CRAMPS AND I MAY TAKE ONE A DAY AND KLONOPIN FOR MY NERVES AND IT HELPS ME SLEEP. I HAVE NOTICED A BIT OF DIARRHEA BUT THATS MAINLY IT. MAYBE THE CLOSER YOU GET TO GETTING OFF THE DETOX SYMPTOMS START TO COME OUT. I DUNNO.....[This Message was Edited on 05/09/2010]