Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Aug 11, 2008.

1. namow

namow New Member

Hello all!
    I am back after a while not posting.
    I am having a lot of problems and I think it is al about yeast. For a while I went to FFC and took diflucan and nystatin but stopped since the number of my test results didn't change at all.
    Now I'm experiencing a lot of symptoms and don't know what to try to control the yeast. Can you tell me what has helped you the most that I can find without a prescription?
    Thank you!
  2. namow

namow New Member

I wonder if you felt any side effects with this.
    Thank you for your answer!
  3. namow

namow New Member

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

re colloidal silver turning you blue - this has only happened with persons taking extremely high doses of a form of colloidal silver that has very large particles of silver. This happened many years ago when it was made commercially with large particles, and also with some home-brew machines which make the particles too large. With the commercial colloidal silver available today, this is not a risk.

Colloidal silver can be effective against candida, only I think it also can kill good bacteria along with the bad, so in the long run may contribute to yeast infections. But I found it very effective against strep throat, both gargling with it and taking it internally.

For yeast, the best thing I've found is virgin coconut oil. It contains caprylic acid and lauric acid and other things which kill yeast. It is very effective, but be prepared because it can cause a major herx reaction. I recommend starting wtih one tablespoon a day, see how you do, and gradually work up to 2 or 3 tablespoons a day. It also can be applied topically to external yeast infections.

Coconut oil also can be effective against certain viruses - it dissolves the lipid coating of those viruses. Some reports say it is effective against AIDS and herpes.