Need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Five0, May 25, 2006.

1. Five0

Five0 New Member

Can someone tell me if this disease would cause my imune system to attack the foriegn material in my back(ie.. screws, rods fake bone. The reason I am asking is because I have had two back surgeries and it still is not getting any better. I had my second one almost 3 months ago and I feel like I did before I had the surgery.

I can't even go to the store and shop for 30 minutes without being sidelined for the entire following day. I really wish I could stop hurting long enough to be able to function!
  2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I hate to tell you this honey but repeat back surgeries are pretty common. I have an aunt that has had four now... and a dear friend that has had three.

The last was a cage around several vertebrates. He has been off work for his back four six years now and he still can't work.

I am not sure about FM attacking internal medical equipment but it could be possible since so many of us get sudden allergies where our bodies immune system goes on overload.

I'm gonna look around and see if I can find something. If I do, i'll post back.

Good luck, jenni