need help!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by texman, Sep 22, 2009.

1. texman

texman New Member

I am 29 male. A few days ago I became very sad feeling. I am not sure what is going on. I cry for no reason and just fill down in the dumps. Went to doc and was giving xanax .25 but I think sometimes it makes me feel more down. Just worried that I am never going to feel normal again. Another thing I have no appetite what so ever I have to make myself eat. Any help would be great thanks.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

First, welcome to the board.

Did you get the prescription from your PCP? Have you had a good medical work up including blood tests as sometimes physical problems can make you feel depressed.

I would highly recommend a psychiatrist. If you get an appointment make sure you let the scheduler that you need an evaluation. This way you will get more time for your appointment.

There is a depression board on this site that has lots of helpful information.

If you can not get an appointment soon and are feeling the same, I would call a hot line where they can recommend options that will help you. My hospital also has a walk in clinic where a trained psychologist can evaluate you.

But be sure you get a physical.

You don't have to feel like this.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

gap
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I agree with Gap about a physical (with bloodwork for your hormones, including testosterone) and seeing a psychiatrist.

Also, if the feelings have been for a very short duration, as in a few days as you stated, it could possibly be medical, thus the physical. If the feelings have been more long term, it could be medical or could be depression. It's good to get the physical to find out for sure.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

Lots of nice people here to talk to. Checking out possible physical causes
    of your mental state is a good idea.

If you read my profile you can see various remedies I've tried. Possibly
    you will want to try some. Just click on my name above. Might take more
    than one try as the board has some glitches.

Good luck

Rock