Need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I don't know if anybody remembers me. I have been sick for about 19 years and my husband is in the process of divorcing me. He is trying to claim I can work. As part of the divorce, he had me go for a vocational evaluation during the month of August. I am still waiting for the results of that. I find out today that he has not completed his report because he wants to send me to a rheumatologist before he writes the report. Now I am scared because I think that they are going to find some rheumatologist who doesn't believe in fibromyalgia who is going to say I am fine. Does anybody have any experience with rheumatologists or does anyone have any advice? I went to one once, and he just tried to force me to exercise, and I couldn't do it, so I quit going to him. He seemed to think that the whole key to recovery was exercising, and I found that premise to be preposterous. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I don't know if anybody remembers me. I have been sick for about 19 years and my husband is in the process of divorcing me. He is trying to claim I can work. As part of the divorce, he had me go for a vocational evaluation during the month of August. I am still waiting for the results of that. I find out today that he has not completed his report because he wants to send me to a rheumatologist before he writes the report. Now I am scared because I think that they are going to find some rheumatologist who doesn't believe in fibromyalgia who is going to say I am fine. Does anybody have any experience with rheumatologists or does anyone have any advice? I went to one once, and he just tried to force me to exercise, and I couldn't do it, so I quit going to him. He seemed to think that the whole key to recovery was exercising, and I found that premise to be preposterous. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hippo
  3. kellym

kellym New Member

My rhuemy has found that most of her FM/CFS patients have a really low ATP, Natural Killer Cell, and antioxidant level with a history of Epstein-Barr (even if it is dormant now). If you have to go to a rheumy who doens't believe in FM, have them do these particular blood tests on you. The ATP of a normal person is 8-11. FM-ers normally have a level that is 60% less than that (mine was 2.4). Also, the Natural Killer Cell level of a normal person is 300-500. Yours should be about half that (mine was 197). Also, your antioxidant levels (if you're not on vitamins) should be kinda bad (my result was only in the 23% precentile). Also, there are the known tender points of FM. Make sure they do that test for you. If you need any more info about these blood tests, let me know. I have a plethora of info given to me by my rhuemy. AND GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sorry that the creep is putting you through this! How evil!
    KellyM
  4. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Yes, I have an attorney. I don't know yet what rheumatologist they are sending me to; I don't even know that they are in fact trying to send me to a "non-believer" rheumatologist as part of a "conspiracy" of sorts. I could be completely mistaken about that aspect of it. From what I can tell, my Ex's attorney and the vocational evaluator basically want to cover their butts so that my Ex cannot sue them later on. My attorney has suggested that both my Ex's attorney and the vocational evaluator actually believe me, but my Ex is so volatile that they want to make sure that he will not try to accuse them of not using their best efforts to cut off my spousal support. My Ex, by the way, is WELL AWARE of how sick I am, but apparently doesn't care and is only looking at his wallet at this point.

Also I should add that I have 5 medical reports from 5 different doctors over a 15-year period, from 1986-2002, all attesting to my inability to work.

Thanks for the blood test suggestions; I may need them. Also, I am over 50, very, very, thin and very, very flabby. Poor posture due to being unable to hold my shoulders up straight, and no muscle tone whatsoever. Don't know if that helps. Anyone?

Hippo
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2002]