Need Immediate Help Took Garlic Pills, Feel Bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leenerbups, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Hi all,

    I just took some garlic oil pills and an aloe pill and about 1/2 hour -45 min later I have the shakes, feel weak, dizzy and like my blood pressure or sugar is low.

    What can I do? It's getting worse and I feel faint.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2005]
  2. jaltair

    jaltair New Member

    You don't say what medications you are taking. There can be drug interactions with aloe vera juice that intensify potassium depletion. In itself, aloe vera juice might cause potassium depletion if it is misused or overused.

    Also, the combination of garlic in oil can produce a food poisoning situation.

    From the "UC Berkeley Wellness Letter" - Sept. 2002

    "Can garlic-in-oil combinations cause food poisoning?
    Yes, it’s possible. If the garlic has picked up any botulism spores from the soil, immersing them in oil can give them the airless environment they need to grow. If you use these combinations, keep them well refrigerated."

    From the FDA:

    "Clostridium botulinum bacteria are widespread in the environment and may be found on various produce, including garlic, but their spores are harmless when there is oxygen in the environment. However, the spores can produce a deadly toxin when in an anaerobic (oxygen free), low acid environment. Recent FDA studies have shown that garlic in an oil mixture can support bacterial growth and toxin production even when very few Clostridium botulinum spores are present."

  3. jaltair

    jaltair New Member

    Have to go to bed, but will check in tomorrow. Keep bumped. Need to know what happens to leenerbumps!
  4. suzetal

    suzetal New Member

  5. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

  6. orachel

    orachel New Member

    Just saw this this morning. Leenerbups or anyone else who hears from (her/him)...not sure sorry! Please let us know how you're doing as soon as possible.

    Prayers going up.

    Rachel
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2005]
  7. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Hello all you wonderful people, thank you so much for caring!!

    I was shaking pretty badly with chills after I typed that message last night and drank a 1/2 gallon of gatorade. I sat in the tub with the hot shower water on me and the fainting feeling passed.

    I slept fitfully and just woke up, feeling really drained and not well, but not faint, etc.

    Thank god I actually had Gatorade in the house. I usually don't. It had potassium, salt and sugar in it.

    I have been taking 1 garlic pills for 2 weeks for CFS viral purposes and upped the dosage last night to 2.

    WHEW!


    Thank you so much for caring.[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2005]
  8. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    I had the grapeseed ordered too, but had not sent the check yet.
    I really am sensitive to stuff, but thought the garlic would be more gentle.

    I believe the auto immune problem the CFS/FMS is causing is creating my pancreas and uterine problems, so I started the garlic.

    Last night I found out Gatorade is a very good friend!
  9. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Great info and suggestions. I will lay off the pills for 2 days and then start again with the low dose.
  10. Grandma6

    Grandma6 New Member

    I have been so worried about you since your post last night. You just kind of dropped off and I was afraid you may have passed out and were laying there on your floor.

    Don't scare us like that again. I am so glad that you are okay now but you take it easy.

    This reasures me that Prayers are answered,

    Take Care.........Grandma6
  11. Norene

    Norene New Member


    Just a thought for you, do you have candida yeast? both of the stuff you took will kill yeast and if you kill to much yeast at once you can feel the way you did , its called a die off and killing it sends off toxins into your system and makes you very sick-- have to use the stuff so slowly to kill the yeast or ----- we get very sick.
    Not sure if this is what happened to you-- be very carefull taking any drug even natural they are drugs.

    Blessings,
    Norene
  12. tansy

    tansy New Member

    Hi Leenerbups

    Increased die off levels can produce problems like this, many of us have been caught out by the severity of symptoms etc from the die off. When killing off some beasties there's an increase in biotoxins; this applies to borrelia (lyme), candida, and others too.

    Taking garlic can increase sulphur levels in the body. Whilst sulphur can help with arthritis, FM etc; it can be a problem for others. A lot depends on our detox pathways which are often not functioning optimally.

    I am delighted you came through this ok. I learned a lot the hard way; but it was not all bad news since potentially helpful Tx backfiring on me provided important clues.

    love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2005]
  13. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Great info. I do think I have yeast due to having been on strong antibiotics several times in the past 6 months.

    I want to say thank you for those prayers. Heck, they might have been what stopped me from fainting.
  14. jaltair

    jaltair New Member

    I was worried after your post that you'd be passed out on the floor or something!

    Trying to find your post to see if you had answered back, I was looking under "leanerbumps" .... of course I didn't find you! :<) LOL I've been thinking of you as the wrong name all of the time. Oh my! Anyway, the Lord knew who I meant 'cause you are ok.

    I'm also really sensitive to medicines, etc. and have to watch what I take. I love licorice and know that there are many health benefits. But, it makes my BP skyrocket.

    Take care of yourself and watch the doses on the supplements!

    Warm Wishes, Jeannette