Need Imput: How Bad Can FM Get?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Katseye, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Katseye

Katseye New Member

Hi Friends,
    I've had FM for at fifteen years, however it seems to be at it's worst. The past month the pain has been absolutely unbarable. The severe aches and pain shoots throughout my body, especailly in my legs, spine, cervical area, and headaches. The pain aches fiercely in my legs, my back is in spasm, and I'm forever nauseas. I'm at the point where I can't leave the house. How bad does it get when pain medicine no longer works? Is this "normal"? :(
  2. Katseye

Katseye New Member

Hi Friends,
    I've had FM for at fifteen years, however it seems to be at it's worst. The past month the pain has been absolutely unbarable. The severe aches and pain shoots throughout my body, especailly in my legs, spine, cervical area, and headaches. The pain aches fiercely in my legs, my back is in spasm, and I'm forever nauseas. I'm at the point where I can't leave the house. How bad does it get when pain medicine no longer works? Is this "normal"? :(
  3. G

G New Member

I was once where you're at but I was not able to take any pain med for it made me sicker. I had become bedridden and had 24-7 painful muscle spasms and felt I had to do something. I had done some research on Guaifenesin Protocol and had finally came to the point where I had to try it. What did I have to lose, nothing and all to gain. It is now 3 1/2 years now and I am no longer bedridden and I can deal with the pain which is so much less then it was. Very rarely do I have an muscle spasm now and I even get out more as time goes on.

This is what works for me and not everyone can do it. It's an painful treatment to go through in the beginning but believe me when I say that it gets easier the longer you are on it.

If you need info about it Dr. St. Amand has an site where you can find out about it. Put his name in an search engine and you'll get his site. Can't give out on the board, sorry.
    If that don't work put in keywords like:
    guaifenesin, fibromyalgia, protocol, Dr. St. Amand ....etc.
    and you'll get the site.

Try to keep your spirits up and know that one day we may have an cure for this DD.

Gentle Hugs
    G
  4. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I almost had FM beat. Then I had my wisdom teeth out. And now I am the worst ever. I mean how long can we stand to be in pain?? I have seen several doctors. One even told me that exercise will get rid of it. I was exercising, doing aerobics, etc. and he told me to go buy weights and push myself even more! He's insane.
    My other doctor doesn't believe I am really feeling pain. I am so fed up with doctors but i have to see another and another until i find one that believes me.
    I have been in a pain flare, same symptoms you have, for over a month now. Today it was excruciating, I canceled my doctor's appt. The only thing that works for my pain is Vicodin and it puts me out. so, i'm either in too much pain to do anything or knocked out on vicodin to do anything. either way my life sucks.
    I keep waiting for the pain to lift. every day i wake up with it and every night i go to bed with it. no one understands what it is like. except you I guess :)
    Well, one of my doctors told me that Fibro isn't degenerative like arthritis. so it won't damage anything or get progressively worse. but i don't believe that. how can we be in so much pain and not have damamge????
    Good luck to you and I am hoping something will help my pain too.
    ~Gina
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

CFS and major spinnal problems. I to have gotten worse over the decades and can't work. We have developed more and more symtoms over time and I hate to say it but, we have most of them now. But, I have had remission states over the years to now just fewer and shorter lived.

Good luck to you, Kim and Gary