Need info about flares

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Aug 3, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi all! I have been flaring ever since Fri. when we went to a large flea market & spent most of the day walking. It was worth it for me to get to do something I really enjoy.

My question is when you flare does it effect your sleep? I have not been able to sleep since! Even when taking my sleep med. I still am waking up 6-8 times a night & have that "run over by a mac truck" feeling in the mornings. I just take .5 mg. of Clonazepam (generic for Klonopin-sp?)at bedtime. Was thinking of taking 2 to see if I can get some sleep but don't want to waste them.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions??

Thanks & take care
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I too have more difficulty sleeping while in flare,which of course makes flare worse.Such fun, eh?The are many old post with incredable suggestions! Shil & Mikie also have some great suggestions. I hope you find what works best for you! :) Peace,lisa
  3. lebra

lebra New Member

but yet you can be aware of the activities that bring it on. For instance, a day of shopping, a stressful event,a conflict at work or at home, or dreading an upcoming event. Some of these are triggers for me. I think you just learn what they are and try to prepare fot it by scaling down the activity and trying other measures to remove yourself from the stress. I have learned that talking online to people worse off than I has been a great source of relief. Also, walking, not just to walk but to enjoy the beauty of nature around me and being thankful for being allowed to see, hear, taste and smell it. I know this may sound 'konky' but this works for me. Also resting quietly with soft gently music helps. Try to find those things that work for you and plan them when you know a flare is coming on. If it doesnt, well then youre lucky, this time. My doc gives me Zanaflex and Effexor and Nortriptyline 50mg at night. Helps a lot.
    Lee
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I am feeling somewhat better this evening. I had to take pain meds today - don't like doing that unless absolutely necessary & it was! I appreciate all the helpful ideas & tips to try to get through a flare. Yes, I know they are unpredictable. I'm staying up later than I have been hoping to be so tired I'll sleep. Don't know if it will work or not. Time will tell.

Thanks & take care......Kathi