Need Info about the Chit Chat board

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DVoit, Aug 25, 2007.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I have never been here. Is this for any question or subject? Let me know please.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The other message boards are to talk about illnesses. Previously when people wanted to talk about something else, they would put O.T. (for off topic) in the heading.

Now we have the chit chat board which is for whatever you want: recipes, in-laws, tv, pets, hobbies, car problems, jokes, etc.

It's a good thing for most of us who don't get out too much. Jump in and start chatting.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome to the Board! I see in your profile that you just had a BIRTHDAY! So Happy Birthday!,,,,Like Rock says jump in and chat with us all!,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Just jump in and chat with all of us.k Things might get a little silly sometimes but as you know, we need that sometimes.

I am one of the so called "elderly" and really dion't like that word but~~~~~~~I can'gt find another word to fit me. I went to the chat room recently and said I was a senior. One of the gals asked what that was~!!Not certain just where she was from but I explained.

It is a fun place to be so get in on any of the posts and join in.

oh yes, I am 76!!!

Gentle hugs,

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Place to kick off your shoes, have a cup of tea or coffee, and just enjoy the wonderful friends who visit here.

We stay away from politics and religion (we do have a Worship Board for that) and we try to keep things from getting obscene but we're no prudes either.

Love, Mikie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

The topics are not always funny...but it's about life, not just our DD's.

Just glance at the stuff, jokes, games, book clubs, etc.

Guess just about anything goes here. Join in the group. All are welcome.

[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2007]
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Welcome and it's good to see you over here.

One way I can explain the Chit Chat board is that we do not talk about our illnesses here....nor politics as someone else mentioned.

We talk about everything under the sun except for those two things...

I spend most of my time on this side of the board now...sometimes after a few years, talking about our DD's just gets old.

Nancy B
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yes, you can talk about almost anything here. You can let your hair down so to speak, and do some venting ir whatever you want.

Hope to see you there. I am trying to find the new volume. I just got back from my trip to see DD and somehow I I haven't found the newest volume on the porch.. However, my brain in not with me today and to much is going on around here.

Warm Hugs,
    Granni Marilyn)
  9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I think its ok to complain about government in general terms or give a personal experience.

I think we can all relate to government that way, even people who work for government, and need to vent sometimes. cheers, mr bill

[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2007]