Need Info from UK Members re An Email I Received

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Apr 2, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I received the following email today. I'm sure it's a scam, but wondered if anyone in the UK know about it. Also how much money are they talking about as the winnings?

I don't plan to answer this email, but I'm just curious!

WINNING NOTIFICATION..............

Your email address attached to ticket number: 023-0148-790-459 with Serial number 5368/06 drew the lucky number: 29

Congratulations, you have just won yourself £516,778.00(G.B.P) in the satellite software email lottery conducted by UK NATIONAL AWARD PROMO in which e-mail addresses are picked randomly On Internet. Yours was chosen this quarter.

Contact Our Claims Agent
    Mr.Peter Taylor

1. Full Names:
    2. Address:
    3. Age:
    4. Sex:
    5. Marital Status:
    6. Occupation:
    7. Phone numbers:
    8. Fax number:
    9. Country:

Yours faithfully,
    Lucy Baines
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

shows that it is a scam...

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I get about 10 of these a week and I don't live in the UK. Also get them from the "Candadian Lottery" and sometimes from one in South Africa.

What they do is tell you that they need your bank account number to transfer your "winnings" to. Then they empty your bank account! Senior citizens are especially vulnerable and have lost their life savings to these creeps.

Wish it was actually what it claims to be!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I knew it was a scam, but had never gotten any from the UK. I normally get them from Nigeria!

P.S. Any software available that will filter this junk out of your email?

Also, did any of you note that the name used was Lucy Baines -- perhaps they got that from one of the former US President's daughters -- Lucy Baines Johnson!!
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I just got one this morning from Belgium....well, I guess we always wish we'd won the lottery!

Too bad I didn't open it. That's probably why you're getting multiples of these.

Nancy B
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

offering you money is a scam.

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

some people must fall for this and send money off.

My daughters mother in law lost some money by giving her details over the phone thinking she had won a holiday.

8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I'm getting spam a lot worse than that! They spell certain words wrong, male organ with a 1 insted of an i, things like that. I hate that stuff!

I created a private email and only use it to communicate with friends. No ordering things from that address. I think that's where all that comes from.