NEED INFO ON APPLYING FOR DISABILITY FOR HUBBY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saddlebred, Jan 1, 2007.

1. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

I NEED INFO FOR MY HUBBY WHO HAS DIABETIES. HIS EYESIGHT IS GETTING WORSE AND THE LAST THREE JOBS HE'S HAD, ONCE THEY FIND OUT HE HAS DIABETES THEY MAKE IT SO HARD ON HIM HE CAN'T WORK OR THEY'LL MAKE HIM GET A STATEMENT FROM THE DC SAYING HIS SUGAR WILL NEVER GET HIGH AND HE WON'T HAVE ANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS. OF COURSE HIS DC WON'T SIGN A PAPER STATING THIS BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T BE TRUE. THEN HIM BEING OFF FROM WORK MAKES HIM WORRY AND THAT MAKES HIS SUGAR GO UP.
    I TOLD HIM HE SHOULD TRY TO GET AT LEAST PART. DISABLITY SO HE CAN MAYBE GET BACK ON HIS MEDS SINCE HE LOST HIS INSURANCE. MY QUESTION IS, HOW DO WE GET STARTED AND WHERE DO WE APPLY AT????

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    THANKS!!!!!!
  2. pamlamb

pamlamb New Member

HI. AFTER 3 YRS I FINALLY HAVE DISABILITY, THE THING
    I RECCOMEND IS GOING TO AND DOCUMENTING EVERY THING THAT YOU SEE SOMEONE FOR AND SEE DR'S AS OFTEN AS YOU NEED TO. ALWAYS HAVE PAPERWORK AS DISABILITY WILL REQUEST THEM. REMEMBER THAT THE FIRST TIME IS ALMOST ALWAYS TURNED DOWN, AND YOU MUST APPEAL, SO WHEN YOU FINALLY WIN YOUR CASE, IT GOES RETRO BACK TO WHEN YOU FIRST APPLIED. OTHERWISE THE CASE JUST STARTS FROM THE DATE YOU APPLYING FOR NOW. iF YOU WANT TO, A LAWYER IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA AS THEY CAN HELP WITH PARERWORK, AND LOOK FOR THE ONES THAT ONLY REPRESENT YOU IF THEY FEEL ITS A GOOD CASE, AND ONLY CHARGE YOU IF YOU WIN. tHE THIRD TIME WAS THE CHARM FOR ME I GUESS, IT WAS A HARD ROAD. GOOD LUCK AND DON'T LET TIME LAPSE, APPEAL. PS..SORRY THIS IS ALL CAPS, I'M NOT REALLY YELLING AT YOU, ITS STUCK THERE FOR NOW. PJ
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Many people think it is easier in caps, but it's usually the opposite.

Without your husband's income,would you qualify for Medicaid? It's really important for diabetics to have their meds. I know - I am one.

I would go to a disability lawyer. They don't charge for consultations and actually only get a fee if you get approved. I don't even think we listed diabetes for a reason on my app. but a lawyer would know more.

What type of work does he do? I actually don't know of anybody who receives disability for diabetes alone since it can always be managed.
  4. janie056

janie056 New Member

Now this is one of the reasons I don't like to post, shot down for typing in caps! Now come on...
    Type anyway you like, we are here for info and help, not how it is typed.

As you can see she has not responded, I'm sure she feels put down by this.

all the info given from these posts are great, I retained Allsup, Inc. to help with my case. They were wonderful, did everything for me and won my case in under two year, I did not even have to go to court!

Take Care and Good Luck,
    Jane

PS, I CAN ACTUALLY READ THE POSTS THAT ARE IN CAPS MUCH BETTER!!

[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  5. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

No big deal, but caps implies yelling in the email and internet world- thats all. :)
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Try going to google and type in disability. There are many useful sites to get you started.
    Best of luck...
    Mini