Need info on doctors in my area, experienced with FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisa100, Mar 24, 2006.

1. lisa100

lisa100 New Member

Would like to know who in Knoxville, Tenn. is really good doctor who has experience with FM/CFS. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago, have bad pain. Just moved to Knoxville recently since my husband died last year, so I dont know any doctors hear who are good. If anyone knows of doctor please email me back soon. I really need help soon, its becoming unbearabe. Thanks Alot. Lisa
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

First of all, I'm sorry about the loss of your husband. Grief certainly exacerbates our problems, too. I don't know about drs. in your area, but I suggest scrolling to the top of this page and clicking "Doctor Referral." When you get to that page, click on "co-cure CFS/fibro good doctor list" to find drs. in your state or area. Also, maybe check your paper for support grps. where members may have suggestions about local doctors.

Wish I could be of better assistance. I sure hope you can get some help.
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

There is a tab at the top of this page that says "Doctor Referral".
    As well check out: http://www.sover.net/~devstar/provider.htm
  4. lisa100

lisa100 New Member

Thank you so much for replying to my message and I will certainly check that dr. list out. Yes stress really does make this worse. The worst thing about it is you spend all day trying to get yourself out of pain and at nite you fall over with exhaustion, sleep an hour or so at a time, until morning finally comes and you get to start the cycle all over again. On and on it goes with no end in sight. People who dont have this can never understand what it is like to have severe chronic pain (which a lot of drs. and our friends and family think is all in our head or that we are just seeking drugs for enjoyment, huh!!!), the depression, plus all the other problems that go with this,
    with no end in the foreseeable future.
    At least with cancer, (what my husband died from at age of 46, skin cancer), most drs. try to keep patient as pain free as possibe, and one way or another there is an end to the suffering. But not with this. I want to Thank You so much for responding to my request and for caring. I hope you have a good day and I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you again soon. God Bless You, Lisa
  5. lisa100

lisa100 New Member

Thank you so much for information. Ill check it out. Hope to talk with you sometime. God Bless You and I hope you have a good day
  6. efrazer

efrazer New Member

I was diagnosed with FM two years ago but have been dealng wih symptoms for more eight years. I came to knoxville,tenn to go to college and have had a hard time finding a doctor that knows anything about how to treat me. I would like to find one that knows of methods other the drugs to find relief from the pain.

One thing that I have found and tried and works if you are consistant in doing it is concentrated tart cherry juice taking two tablespoons a day has relieved some of the moring pain and stiffness and made getting going a little easier. But it is not the most tasty thing that I have ever taken.