need info on natural/herbal products

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralori1226, Aug 1, 2008.

1. lauralori1226

lauralori1226 New Member

I am currently taking Lyrica and Cymbalta. I want to stop taking both, and take natural products instead.

Has anyone tried the FibroSleep or FibroFreedom from ProHealth?

Lori :)

[This Message was Edited on 08/01/2008]
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have not taken those two products, but you might want to taper slowly off Cymbalta and try L-tryptophan instead. Do NOT start it until you are off Cymbalta, or you could develop serotonin syndrome which is dangerous. Once off the SSRI, begin with 500 mgs. L-tryptophan at bedtime and increase slowly until you get relief. I take 1.5 grams at bed time, and another 1 gram at 3 am.

I don't know of a substitute for Lyrica off hand...it would depend upon what you are taking the Lyrica for.

klutzo
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I haven't gone with the natural route so I don't know of products to recommend and I have not tried the ones you are asking about.

I just wanted to say that you need to taper off Cymbalta and Lyrica slowly and under a doctor's care. You can get some pretty bad withdrawal (and dangerous) symptoms if you don't.

I would also search out a naturopath if that is the way you want to go...that way you aren't just trying things in the dark.

You can also look for an integrative doctor...they work with everything and can be very helpful.

Just don't stop or start anything suddenly without talking to your doctor.