Need info one the symptoms you have with Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Momo52, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Momo52

Momo52 New Member

This is driving me crazy. They dx'ed me with neuropathy over 6 yrs ago, Fm being my 1st dignoses. I've seen 3 different neurologist.

1st - straight away dx'ed me & put me on neurotin.
    Then the 2nd guy agreed & upped my dose of neurotin.
    The 3rd says that he doesn't think the dx is true, because it wouldn't start in my legs THEN go to my feet. Which is why I saw the 3rd dr. My feet had started burning so, with extreme pain in the sole, very tender to step on when I've been off of them for a bit.

ANY replies that can share would be appreciated.
    I also wonder how many of you are gradually losing strength in your legs? I can't push up with my legs from a chair or say, the toilet. If I don't have something to pull or push with my arms, I'm in trouble! Never mind thinking about sitting on the floor.... if I fall, I can't get up! That worries me.

Thanks, and so glad to have found y'all guys (a dear friend sent me!) ~Momo52
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Yes I know what you are going through.

My neuropathy did start in my feet however, but I have very sensitive soles and thing that wouldn't bother normal people to step on bugs me.

Also about the loss of strength in your legs I have that problem too.

My legs have just went out from under me and caused me to fall.

I ocassainally have to use a walker and most of the time I use a cane, however that cane doesn't help when I fall.

It does help steady me on my better days.

Hope this helps you in some way. Take care Pamela
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi real fast if you d like go to my bio profile sorry i cant sit ,im in alot of PAIN but saw your post. sounds like what i have. hope this helps and ill get back at your post another day when i can sit longer. HUGS!BLKKAT