Need info quick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by asweeney, Jun 10, 2010.

1. asweeney

asweeney New Member

My husband is on #5 MRSA infection. He was active Marine for 23+ yrs. and the amt. of ticks we,ve pulled over the years are uncountable. Could this be responsable? Have DR. appt in the am., and need info. I was dx.'d 18 years ago with lyme but it was fairly new then. The last time I walked my dog it took me almost 3 days to find all the little buggers, but I,ve been in what Dr. calls a flair ever since. Whats up with all this s**t? Coincidence? Plz help. I was dx.'d with fibro about 6 months later, and many times since. Might it really be lyme? Can lyme cause MRSA?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Lyme doesn't cause MRSA. MRSA is a staph infection. About one third of the population will have staph bacteria on their skin, however, only about 1 percent will develop MRSA. People in the military actually have a higher risk of developing MRSA because of living in crowded, and, sometimes, unsanitary living conditions.

MRSA is the result of decades of over prescription of antibiotics.

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot, both you and your husband!

You could really only be dealing w/Lyme (and be misdiagnosed w/Fibro) - or you could be dealing w/Lyme and Fibro. You can have Fibro with anything, just like people can have Fibro with any other condition they suffer from.

Only from here and people who have Lyme have I ever heard that Fibro is caused by an infection. None of my Dr.'s or other research I've done has ever said that.

Truth is, I don't think anyone knows for sure.

By now you've had your appt. How did it go??