Need Information on Bupropion.....Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendy5, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi, Is there anyone that could give me some information or experiences with Bupropion SR. My Pharmacist said it is generic for Wellbutrin which is what I am suppose to be taking.

A few years ago I took Wellbutrin which helped but since taking the generic (Bupropion) I can't feel it working??

Any input is appreciated.

carolin
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I don't exactly about the med you are taking, but, a few yrs ago I took Effexor and it worked for me. I went off of it and started again about 9 months ago or so, and this time it didn't do anything positive for me. I just finished my last week of 37.5mgs, but I think I will take it every other day for the next week.
    I wonder if things can work that way with other AD'S? Something to check into.

Raz
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I have tried several different AD's with no good results but Wellbutrin worked so well for me a few years back that it even helped me drop unwanted pounds.

Does anyone know anymore info on this AD (Bupropion)?

carolin
  4. missy1969

missy1969 New Member

I was taking the Bupropion sr and then the doctor switched me to the wellbutrin xl. I don't feel like the wellbutrin xl works as good as the Bupropion it made me want to work out, watch what I ate. I think I'm going back to the Bupropion. Maybe your doctor just needs to up your dosage you can take up to 450mg a day. I take 300mg first thing in the morning. Hope this helps.

Missy
  5. Jumpinjuice

Jumpinjuice New Member

I have been on Bupropion for a little over two years and it works great for me. I have no side effects or anything. I take 150 mg every morning :) Shelly