Need Information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Sep 27, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

from those of you who take baths using the epsom salts and peroxide. Does it really help with sore, knotted up muscles? Could you please give me the "recipe" you use?

My muscles are so knotted up I think I've shrunk 3 inches!

Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

from those of you who take baths using the epsom salts and peroxide. Does it really help with sore, knotted up muscles? Could you please give me the "recipe" you use?

My muscles are so knotted up I think I've shrunk 3 inches!

Kathy
  3. majic

majic New Member

it helps me. i use the baths a lot. i use 3 cups of epsom salt and 3 cups of peroxide. i also use lavendar in the tub. i soak for twenty minutes then i go to bed and don't move. it helps me to rest. have done this at 2 a.m. before. good luck majic
  4. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I just love them. I wish I could soak all day! I use a full bag of salts and a full bottle of peroxide. Sometimes I add essential oils to suit my needs: Lavendar - soothes, rosemary - invigorates, eucalyptus - breathing, orange - energizing, geranium - relaxing. Just a few drops is all you need. I also stuff a cotton ball with the oil on it into a small aromatherapy pillow which I sleep with. It just extends the relief. Reminder: never use essential oils solo. They must be added to a carrier (water, lotion, oil).

I hope this helps! Lisa
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think the reason the baths help with pain is that the Epsom salts drive magnesium into our systems through the pores which are enlarged from soaking in the hot water. I have used the salts without the peroxide with the same results.

Love, Mikie