NEED input on my sleep apnea number

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lastormer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. lastormer

lastormer New Member

The tech called me and told me that I stopped breathing a total of 180 times , my o2 level was going to 76% and I snored 90% of the time and wanted me to go back in for another study next week and sleep with a Cpap machine. Well I know with that said, that I have sleep apnea, but what she didn't know was to what level it was. Would my numbers be concidered ..mild..moderate or severe? Anyone have any info on this? I would so appreciate getting a little feedback now, being that my consultation with the doctor isn't for another 3 weeks.

Have a WOnderful DAy
    Rachael
  2. breton

breton New Member

When I had my sleep test eight years ago, I stopped breathing 196 times, my oxygen level went down to 68%, and they told me my sleep apnea was severe. I'm on a CPAP at 15 pounds of pressure. According to the nurse at my doctor's office, the "average" pressure is 7.

Hope this helps.
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Well, I remember that mine was broken down into stages of sleep. I stopped breathing every 16 minutes on average and every 59 seconds of REM sleep. He said I had moderate sleep apnea.

they had me back for a second sleep study (to sleep with the cpap) to figure out how much the pressure needed to be set for. I don't remember waiting 3 weeks between studies, but I do remember being hesitant to go to sleep once I actually knew for a fact I had sleep apnea.

Sleeping with your head propped up or in a recliner may reduce apnea episodes according to my doc.

Now I sleep with a cpap every night.

Try a lot of masks, don't give up, it takes time to get used to them.
  4. lastormer

lastormer New Member

as always I am so thankful for the responses!

thank you so much!

Have a Great evening!
    Rachael