Need input re: new symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeforcure, Feb 2, 2009.

1. hopeforcure

hopeforcure New Member

Hi, I have had CFS since Nov. 04 when I came down with flulike illness and never recovered. Recently, to go with the typical CFS symptoms(chest pain, fatigue, etc.), I have developed a buzzing sound in my head since Oct. 08. Also, I have developed IBS since Jan 08, and have loose stool frequently.

My question is, what kind of doctor should I go see for the buzzing in my head? Neurologist? ENT? cardiologist?

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks and lets keep up the hope.
  2. ironspine

ironspine New Member

When you say buzz, do you mean like a constant ringing in your ears? Do you take any meds? Some meds cause ringing or buzzing in your ears-it's just a side affect. I have it all the time, but I've gotten used to it.
    Could be sinuses, since they drain into the ears. I guess I'd start with your reg. doctor and see what he says, go from there.
    Sounds like you have Fibro, with IBS and flu feeling, it sometimes goes with CFS.
    Don't you just feel like giving up sometimes and just want to lay down and stay there? Seems like theres always something with this illness!
    Take care!
  3. MimiMLR

MimiMLR New Member

I've had all the symptoms you listed and the Chest Pains were inflammation of the tissue between the rib cage. (But I WOULD suggest seeing a Dr. to rule out a heart problem) As far as buzzing in the head? Not buzzing but tingling and numb spots on my head when waking up. At first they thought it might be Neuropathy. But a visit with a Neurologist ruled that out too! I've noticed the symptoms seem to change with each season. Have you told your Regular Dr. about the Buzzing?? Your long bout of CFS isn't uncommon as far as I know. I had it with a Virus for about 3 Month now it reversed to Insomnia. Oh the Joys of it all! NOT!
  4. hopeforcure

hopeforcure New Member

Yes, it is like a constant buzzing/humming, like an electrical transformer or something. I am on Valtrex 1g tid antiviral, and mirtazapine 7.5mg and lunesta 1mg for sleep. Yes, I feel like there is no end! But I am not one to give up and I shall continue my quest to find answers, notwithstanding the seeming skepticism in the med. community! Thanks for the help.
  5. hopeforcure

hopeforcure New Member

No antibiotics recently, but I have been taking probiotics. Thanks for the idea on Mercury. I received a flu vaccine (I think they usually contain mercury) around the same time (late October). Maybe I am toxic to mercury. Any ideas on testing for merc.?
  6. hopeforcure

hopeforcure New Member

Thanks. I've seen various drs. about the chest pain and gotten mixed results (mainline cardiologists aren't seeing a heart prob., but a couple CFS drs. I've seen suspect a link between chest pain/exercise intolerance and heart probs).

I guess I'll try a neurologist next on this long,seemingly endless quest for answers!