need input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Oct 9, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

well yeaterday moring i got a call from my drs nurse she said your attonreny contacted us and wants your medical records WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT! i was caught off garud and said what attoney at which point she said his name i said oh thats about a class action lawsuit from some aparments i lived in that had mass amounts of mold that made everyone sick i said im not sure why they need my new records but ill call them and let you know,she said that they werent going to realse them without a resson and that there was no reason well i called the attorney and told him what the nurse said and he asked is there any resson that the dr would not want me to see your records? i said well he just took me off my pain meds cold turkey and told me to take 1000mg tylonal a day, he said well im calling them and telling them to realse your records well he did call and the nurse started yelling at the lawyer he called me back and said tell them to realse them because they have your signed request, he says as soon as he gets them he is going to reveiw them and call me because of them taking my meds and there disregard for the law that the must know what the did is wrong the lawyer is pissed i cant belive this i never thought about suing because of the med thing it just fell into my lap but if the lawyer says i have a case i will presue it just so drs get a hint that they cant treat people this way what do you all think?
    kara
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

well yeaterday moring i got a call from my drs nurse she said your attonreny contacted us and wants your medical records WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT! i was caught off garud and said what attoney at which point she said his name i said oh thats about a class action lawsuit from some aparments i lived in that had mass amounts of mold that made everyone sick i said im not sure why they need my new records but ill call them and let you know,she said that they werent going to realse them without a resson and that there was no reason well i called the attorney and told him what the nurse said and he asked is there any resson that the dr would not want me to see your records? i said well he just took me off my pain meds cold turkey and told me to take 1000mg tylonal a day, he said well im calling them and telling them to realse your records well he did call and the nurse started yelling at the lawyer he called me back and said tell them to realse them because they have your signed request, he says as soon as he gets them he is going to reveiw them and call me because of them taking my meds and there disregard for the law that the must know what the did is wrong the lawyer is pissed i cant belive this i never thought about suing because of the med thing it just fell into my lap but if the lawyer says i have a case i will presue it just so drs get a hint that they cant treat people this way what do you all think?
    kara
  3. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Hey Kara,

First of all, any doctor that will pull pain meds and then proceed to yell at people (or let his nurse yell at people) qualifies as a sort of a sadist IMHO. :) (lol). Seriously, I'd get copies of my file. 2, in fact. One for the attorney and the other for my NEW doctor. Yep, I'd be getting another one pronto. Hang in there! Debra
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I'd say your doc is more than a little paranoid but knowing what crap they get from the Feds for dispensing pain meds, it takes a "real" doctor to have the belief and knowledge required to dispense them and have an assistant, do paperwork out the wazoo.

I'd love to take on this county in dear old drybones south texas! This county is a law upto itself and yes, I have been at it since I decided to accept the present fact that I have a chronic ailment and will need pain meds ad infinitum short of a real treatment or cure! Hit a real nerve!

Sorta sounds like your doc has no backbone.
    Sorta sounds like your atty is an "ambulance chaser".
    I'd run from both.

Good luck. CactusLil'

(Title Edited by Moderator)
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

this is just a dumb situation i know my dr has a backbone because i heard him argue about my treatment with anthor dr well i was pregant i know drs have a hard time with the dea but anyone who reads my medcial records i have other condtions besides the fm that require pain meds.even though this lawyer is the abulance chaser type i would like the dr to know what hell he has put me threw and maybe this is the only way but im still not sure thats why i need options on this