Need marriage counseling advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lynda B., Feb 7, 2003.

  1. Lynda B.

    Lynda B. New Member

    Hi all,

    My husband and I are wanting to go to some marital counseling...a lot of it has to do with that dynamics that have happened as a result of my FMS. I want to find a counselor that already has knowledge of FMS. I would not like to go to counseling and then have to spend hours explaining the disorder.

    Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to find a counselor that might already have knowledge about FMS to begin with? My primary care has come to mind...any other ideas?


    Lynda B
  2. j9miller

    j9miller New Member

    You could check your local hospital ... ours has support groups for FM/CFS and the leaders there may have some names or ideas for you. You could also check with a local psychologist who may know of someone. And of course, your church or a local one may have some names. They may not specialize in FM/CFS but other illness' and may be of some help.