Need meds advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stormy214, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Since it is late and I cannot call my doc (and the ED won't answer questions over the phone, I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience with Zanaflex and Darvocet. I usually take 2 mg anazflex and 100 mg darvocet before bedtime, but I haven't slept well the last few nights, have not been able to reach my doc before end of office hours, and right now I just want to SLEEP! I've seen posts enough to know that people are taking many more mg's of znaflex than 2, but is it okay to take more than 2 with the 100 mg darvocet? I hope someone has personal experience, because if i don't sleep soon, I just may go of my rocker (further than usual)! I do, however, want to make sure I wake up sometime in the future....thank you!
    Stormy
  2. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Since it is late and I cannot call my doc (and the ED won't answer questions over the phone, I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience with Zanaflex and Darvocet. I usually take 2 mg anazflex and 100 mg darvocet before bedtime, but I haven't slept well the last few nights, have not been able to reach my doc before end of office hours, and right now I just want to SLEEP! I've seen posts enough to know that people are taking many more mg's of znaflex than 2, but is it okay to take more than 2 with the 100 mg darvocet? I hope someone has personal experience, because if i don't sleep soon, I just may go of my rocker (further than usual)! I do, however, want to make sure I wake up sometime in the future....thank you!
    Stormy
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I have just started taking Zanaflex, so I am probably a poor choice to be offering advice. My rx is 4mg tablets, take 1 or 2 every 8 hours as needed. I use Darvocet very sparingly, as it is the only pain med I can take and I don't want to develop a tolerance for it. My doctor and pharmacist both know I have both, and neither gave me any precautions about taking them together.
    Kathryn