Need More Advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post. I need some more input. I have been sick for 20 years, and am understandably skeptical about various treatments. I have seen the same chiropractor on and off for several years. When I first saw him, I told him about my condition, and he recommended a liver cleanse product which he sells. I'm not sure if he manufactures it himself. I decided against it, because I believed it would be too harsh for me. I have foolishly tried different products over the years in the hopes that they would help me, and ended up being overpowered because I was/am so weak. Well, anyway, we are at his office today, all getting a spinal adjustment, and I bring up about the CFS/Fibromyalgia, and he says, you never told me you had that. And I said yes, I did, but you don't remember, and he says you have to try my liver cleanse, blah, blah, blah. Well, long story short, he talked me into it, and I want to ask you all for your opinions. This is an "Herbal Cleanse" with drops for adrenal/kidney detoxification, liver/gallbladder detoxification and a Liver Cholesterol Flush (don't ask me what any of this means). He kind of challenged me to buy the kit, and I caved. He kept saying things like "Well, you want to keep being sick, or what?" and I felt like an idiot. The kit was only $69, so it wasn't a huge expenditure, but I feel kind of dumb. I pride myself on not caving in to sales pressure, and this is exactly what I did. Does anyone know anything about this type of product and whether it works? Thanks.

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post. I need some more input. I have been sick for 20 years, and am understandably skeptical about various treatments. I have seen the same chiropractor on and off for several years. When I first saw him, I told him about my condition, and he recommended a liver cleanse product which he sells. I'm not sure if he manufactures it himself. I decided against it, because I believed it would be too harsh for me. I have foolishly tried different products over the years in the hopes that they would help me, and ended up being overpowered because I was/am so weak. Well, anyway, we are at his office today, all getting a spinal adjustment, and I bring up about the CFS/Fibromyalgia, and he says, you never told me you had that. And I said yes, I did, but you don't remember, and he says you have to try my liver cleanse, blah, blah, blah. Well, long story short, he talked me into it, and I want to ask you all for your opinions. This is an "Herbal Cleanse" with drops for adrenal/kidney detoxification, liver/gallbladder detoxification and a Liver Cholesterol Flush (don't ask me what any of this means). He kind of challenged me to buy the kit, and I caved. He kept saying things like "Well, you want to keep being sick, or what?" and I felt like an idiot. The kit was only $69, so it wasn't a huge expenditure, but I feel kind of dumb. I pride myself on not caving in to sales pressure, and this is exactly what I did. Does anyone know anything about this type of product and whether it works? Thanks.

Hippo
  3. selma

selma New Member

If you didn't try it and other things havn t worked, You will only think What if? I have never tried any cleanse, and hope that someone will come along and answer you. Try and look it up in the search, library for each item you are going to take. Or go to a site like Google and see.

Good Luck. Love, Selma
  4. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

i hope you get some good info from someone, because i've been wanting to do just this kind of a cleanse. but i myself have know info for you.

will be waiting with you for a reply
    donna
  5. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I'm starting the program this morning, but at a reduced dosage. For example, the first product says take 10 drops 3 times a day, I'm going to start with 3 drops 3 times a day, and then if that doesn't bother me, I will go up to 5 drops 3 times a day, and so forth. I think the main reason I bought the kit is because I have a long-standing relationship with this chiropractor, and if I don't try it, I will never hear the end of it from him. If it works, great, and if it doesn't work, at least he will shut up about it. I will post when I know more. This program takes about 2 months, but at the reduced rate I am going at, it looks like maybe more like 3 or 4 months. Thanks for listening.

Hippo
  6. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

And I have heard some bad stuff about them. BUT I am a firm believeer in cleansing the liver. It is the bodies toxic dump. And ever toxic dump need cleaningto be most effective.

You may never realize the proper benefits if you don't do it correctly. So you may be wasting your money, un;essou follow directions properly.

PLEASE KNOW/UNDERSTAND--you should feel rather poorly for a short time. That is simply the body cleansing the liver's toxins out.

I have only used Milk Thistle Extract and have had exceptional results. The proof that mine worked is in my lab work and I feel much better.

A bad liver can cause a wealth of other serious health issues.

Let us know how it works!

Jackie F
  7. majic

majic New Member

with jackie. you are going to have to follow the directions are it won't work.did the doc tell you to take milk thistle after the cleanse? milk thistle can keep your liver functioning right. don't let the chiro and others talk you into things when you can shop around and get the same product cheaper. milk thistle is cheap and you can get it from pro health. hopes this helps. majic
  8. Hippo

Hippo New Member

The doctor's office told me it was okay to do it slower. Who knows, I may be able to tolerate the "full speed" program, but I want to start slow. I do feel I could benefit from a cleansing, but who knows? I don't think this product is particularly overpriced; my doctor
    believes in making his products and services affordable. For example, he only charges $24 for my whole family to get adjusted. That's not per person, that's the WHOLE FAMILY. Thanks again, I will keep you informed.

Hippo
  9. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Hippo, if you do this treatment, I hope it works wonderfully well. I wish you would research this approach thoroughly, not because I think it will hurt you, but because I fear it will over the long haul do nothing at all. I can't recall any studies or medical abstracts or double-blind research that suggests the treatment you are taking. Whatever, I hope you end up on top of the world! Al
  10. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thank you for your concern. The only way to satisfy myself about this product is to try it. The information I gather by using it is probably worth the price of purchase. Also, if it does nothing, then I won't have to take any more crap from my chiropractor about it. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Hippo