Need more advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nicolebr, Dec 5, 2002.

1. nicolebr

nicolebr New Member

Thank you all so very much for your encouragement and advice....Today I went to a walk in clinic but the doctor told me he couldn't give me medication because I did not live here.....My mind is full of confusion and anxiety...I left in tears not knowing what to do as tomorrow I will be without my medication for anxiety...sitiuation at home worse then ever...now my mother is yelling at me and everytime I ask her for help she yells and tells me to shut up...she said she would "drop" me off at a hotel but don't expect her to bring me food or water...she says that I don't appreciate because there were times i didn't thank her...I tried to say I was sorry that I am extremely tired, scared and in pain and can't remember things...tried to explain how living there was too stressful but didn't know what else to do...she got angry..she is resentful that I can't drive...should I waste the money to rent a car and go to a hotel? My fear is the weakness ....how will I survive...the other fear is the money

..I haven't eaten for days, can't sleep...I feel so unloved, worthless....this is killing me...I have become dependant on people who don't want me and could care less about getting the help I need.....Mayo wrote a script for Physical therapy three times a week for three months.....so I could ambulate easier as I have basically been ill in bed for one year...before I came to my parents a therapist asked them if they were not going to be supportive that I needed to find another place...they said they would...I packed up my condo...and came here...now I am worse then ever...

and so very alone.....I don't want to be abused anymore but feel so weak that I am afraid to go anywhere....does anyone know of a church I could call...maybe someone there would help me figure things out and help me get the medical care I need...and maybe a hug.....
  2. nicolebr

nicolebr New Member

Thank you all so very much for your encouragement and advice....Today I went to a walk in clinic but the doctor told me he couldn't give me medication because I did not live here.....My mind is full of confusion and anxiety...I left in tears not knowing what to do as tomorrow I will be without my medication for anxiety...sitiuation at home worse then ever...now my mother is yelling at me and everytime I ask her for help she yells and tells me to shut up...she said she would "drop" me off at a hotel but don't expect her to bring me food or water...she says that I don't appreciate because there were times i didn't thank her...I tried to say I was sorry that I am extremely tired, scared and in pain and can't remember things...tried to explain how living there was too stressful but didn't know what else to do...she got angry..she is resentful that I can't drive...should I waste the money to rent a car and go to a hotel? My fear is the weakness ....how will I survive...the other fear is the money

..I haven't eaten for days, can't sleep...I feel so unloved, worthless....this is killing me...I have become dependant on people who don't want me and could care less about getting the help I need.....Mayo wrote a script for Physical therapy three times a week for three months.....so I could ambulate easier as I have basically been ill in bed for one year...before I came to my parents a therapist asked them if they were not going to be supportive that I needed to find another place...they said they would...I packed up my condo...and came here...now I am worse then ever...

and so very alone.....I don't want to be abused anymore but feel so weak that I am afraid to go anywhere....does anyone know of a church I could call...maybe someone there would help me figure things out and help me get the medical care I need...and maybe a hug.....
  3. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

You know what you have to do: get out! I don't know your financial situation and don't know if you can afford to waste money on hiring a car, sweetie, but look in the yellow pages under churches....just call one, it doesn't matter! If they don't help, call another...and another. Or try the Salvation Army...Goodwill...social services. And if you are in physical danger, call the cops! Ask them to take you to a woman's shelter. Once you are out of that awful situation, you will find someone to counself you and help you go forward. I don't blame you for being afraid; the most horrible thing anyone can deal with is not knowing "what next." But ANYTHING is better for you than where you are, by the sound. Just look in the phone book, then pick up that phone! This may only be a cyber hug, but I hope it helps {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}
    Peace and Love,
    Stormy
  4. sugarchunk

sugarchunk New Member

i have no advice. i just want you to know that i relate. i too am and have been dependant on people who don't want me. it feels like crap! i don't want to be dependant on anyone! i know what it is to feel worthless and unloved, and i hate to think of anybody going thru that deeply or constantly, as i have at times. we ARE NOT worthless or unlovable; this much i know. it feels awful to feel awful. it is terrifying to be soooo soooo tired and to be unable to sleep. terrifying.
    all i can think to suggest is to take love and support wherever/whenever they are offered. maybe there is a support group near you. maybe there are friends you've forgotten.
    sometimes things get better just when you least expect it. sometimes things get better very slowly and gradually- try to be grateful anyway. hang in there.
  5. evileva

evileva New Member

I don't understand why your parents would take you into their home and then treat you like this, don't they understand your illness? If none of the churches help you and you feel that bad, then I would go to the hospital (if you have insurance) Go to the emergency room and tell them about your illness and what you are going through....if nothing else maybe they will admit you to do some tests, at least that would give you a break from your parents. All they are doing is making you more sick. Tell the hospital that you need help. They can have a psychologist to talk to you, that may help you, just to talk to someone. Hang in there.
  6. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

just a heart full of hurt for you. You have already gotten the best advice from the other posts. I know that it's very hard, but try and hang in there. Just when you think all is lost, it's not. I'm sending loads of love and luck your way. Please keep us posted......queenbee