Need more participation here

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Harmony, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

How can we get more people to participate on the Worship Board? Are we allowed to remind people it is here on the other Board?

I have been feeling strongly that with everything we feel, physically and emotionally, has to come back to the fact that God should be #1 in our life. Without God, my life would be miserable having this illness.

God is the one where our strength comes. When we are weak, He is strong. He gives us peace and comfort that the world cannot give and He gives us a hope for living. I struggle too, but I know who I can turn to. When I fall and fail, He picks me up. When no one else understand, he does. I praise God for all these things.

I pray for everyone here, that they will have healing in their life and that they also will know that God loves them.

Hugs,
    Harmony

2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

P.S. Actually, there are a lot more on the Worship Board then there was a couple of months ago so we are increasing! I haven't been here as much as I should be but I will try more. But there is always room for more. Besides, doesn't the Bible say, "Where 2 or 3 are gathered in my (God's) name, there I will be with you." The Thurs. night Prayer night is a great thing!
    Love,
    Harmony
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I agree with you 100%. This board used to be busy when it was first put here. It was the idea of a gentleman Christian on the Immuneboard named
    'Duesouth' (Billy). He has just returned to the board also.

There are many reasons it went down hill. Before you came here.

Since you brought the subject up, how about we all pray that the board gets the attention it once did?

Lets pray that the people bring all their burdens here and lay then at the feet of the Lord Christ Jesus.

I will join you in that prayer.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, yes, you can remind people on the other boards that it is 'Prayer Night'. Not a problem.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2002]
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Shirl,
    Yes, I sure will join you in prayer for this and that God will use this message Board for His Glory that others will come and see the need for prayer.
    I pray your day goes well for you.
    Hugs,
    Harmony
  5. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I am so glad to be blessed with other believers on the board.

I have fought a real hard battle over the last 8 weeks from cervical sugery, switching of several meds etc and have been in a deep depression.

It has been a week now since I went to worship on Wednesday and forgot somehow my faith, did not forget but was rittled with doubt.

Now as my pastor instucted me to do I proclaim out loud every day many times that I am a child of God and he has a plan for my life and reading my bible again and have had an amazing turnaround. Through Jesus Christ and the holy spirit and God I am on my way up the steps of that spiral stair case out of darkness. God was always there in my head but he is alive again in my heart and I am so greatful I got the wake up call that I needed.

Thanks for being here guys

with love and peace

cathy aka gris
  6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Cathy, Welcome to the Worship Board! I am so glad you found us here!

What a great testimony you just shared with us!
    It is so encouraging to hear from other christians what God is doing in their life.

I have found, too, that when I was at my lowest point and no where else to turn, that is when I grew closer to the Lord. It's easy to forget when life is moving along just great. When I made it a point to read His Word and pray daily, then I have that constant fellowship with Him which is great.

I pray you are doing well from your depression and surgery. Sounds like you've had a hard time of it.

Remember, tonight is our Prayer night here. We pray at 9pm easter standard time. So, since I am in AZ it is 7pm for me. You can figure from where you are. Some are in Canada and England.

I will look forward to hearing more from you!

Love and prayers,
    Harmony
  7. psigrl

psigrl New Member

I'll be here and grateful to you guys for Thursday prayers.
    Psigrl (Victoria)
  8. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

For several weeks I have been praying for the needs mentioned here, even though I have not confirmed that on the board.

Right now I am still going through this terrible withdrawal from two drugs, an antidepressant

and an anti-anxiety drug. The anxiety and stress I feel is unbelievable. At times I don't think I can stand it anymore.

Please pray that God will give me the strength to endure this. For a while now I have not slept and I am so exhausted. I am taking the Magnesium Calm and it helps to relax but I can't sleep.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I am praying, too.

Marlene
  9. Deb J

Deb J New Member

I've checked every week to see what is listed for the Thursday nite prayer. I add my own concerns about folks here on the board but I don't post them. From now on I will try. Just rest assured I am here even though I may not be posting much.
    Blessings to all,
    Deb J