Need more prayers for Matt

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ilovecats94, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Matt, as you know, had the major laser surgery on Wednesday for retinopathy. He still can't see well. I would love to get prayers for him to heal quickly so he will be able to go back to work and drive by Monday, or as soon as possible.

I am afraid he won't be able to return to work and will have to take yet more time off as he seems not to be getting over this surgery as quickly as the others he has had. He has had more pain and is still on Tramadol for pain.

Apparently they did a lot of work on his eyes during that session, Michael tells me that the doctor told him. I just found that out last night.

I'm really worried and stressed out as he is only 25. He is still not driving and he has never gone this long after surgery without being able to see well enough to drive.

He did call the doctor's up on Friday and they said his problems were normal--the redness in his one eye and the fact he can't see well.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Love and hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2006]
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting up prayers for Matt and the healing of his eyes!

Glad though that the Dr. said what he is going through is normal - maybe more extensive work?

God's blessings to Matt, and your entire family. Amen
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Judy,
    Thanks for your prayers. Matt drove to a chinese restaurant today and plans on going to work tomorrow. His work is 45 minutes away.

He can't see up close with his glasses on, so has to just not wear them. Then needs the special sunglasses they gave him that fit over his glasses to drive, so he should be fine. I appreciate everyone's prayers for him. I hope his vision will get back to normal. If not more surgery to fix his vision.

Love,
    Faye
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I'm so sorry Matt is having so much trouble from this surgery.

Please know, I am praying for Matt. I know when dad does have the laser surgery it usually takes him almost a week to get back to seeing like he did before the surgery (with what vision he does have and thank God for what he does have).

Please, Keep us updated on how he is doing!!

Prayers going Up for Matt, You and All in Family.

God Bless
    ((Love & Prayers))
    ~Bluerose~
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

so Dear Lord, Please help Faye, and help Matt in his recovery. Please offer strength and hope.
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Bluerose and Asa,
    Thanks for your continued prayers for Matt and I. He has one eye that is still red, about the size of a pea on the cornea. I'm more concerned about his vision.

He just got new glasses in January. He says he may need to get new lenses again.

I hope he won't need more surgery, but Matt thinks that he will.

I had a extremely bad GERD attack tonight from the erosive esophagitis, which I thought was healing, but apparently it seems like I went back to the start again.

I'm so very frustrated as I've been on the GERD diet now for almost 2 months. The chest pain was horrible and I didn't think the pain meds were ever going to work. Then I realized I had forgotten to take my Reglan and Xanax that I take 30 minutes prior to dinner. :( I did take the Nexium at 6 PM like I am supposed to at least an hour before dinner.

Now I'm wondering if I have been wasting my time taking the Nexium as apparently I'm not as healed as I thought I was. I feel guilty asking for more prayers, but please continue to pray for us.

Matt has that new car he got in January after the auto accident he had in November where someone ran him off the road into the trees and woods. He has a car payment for the next 5 years. He needs to work his full time job to be able to pay for that car and his other bills like his cell phone, Vonage phone, insurance, etc. He also has his Dell computer he uses to play games online that he is paying on.

I'm just so worried.

Thanks again for your continued prayers. :) You all are the greatest!

Love,
    Faye
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Never ever feel guilty for asking for continued prayers hun...that's what we are here for...each other and to lift each other up in prayer.

Continued Prayer's going Up for you, Matt and All Family!!!

God Bless
    (Love & Prayers)
    ~Bluerose~
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am sorry to hear that you have had another attack of that GERD. Maybe it could have to do with the stress of worrying about Matt. I will be praying that it all gets better.

I am sorry that I have been out of touch with you all. Just so much going on. We have a family reunion this coming Saturday(preparing genealogy books)...plus a granddaughters birthday...same day! Plus, I have been putting veggies in freezer. I am dizzy... and in pain!!!

I shouldn't complain too much...it has been worse!

Love and prayers.....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thanks Bluerose and Mari,
    I just hope that this week will be better. I have a busy week, so I need to be up for it. Have some info on Matt below. :)

Yes, I'm worried about Matt and his vision and what the future will be for him.

Had a bit of heartburn tonight, but not nearly as bad. Both hubby and I got in the recliners and fell asleep after dinner until about 9:35 PM. lol That is making wise use of time. :(

Don't worry, Mari, I know you would be here if you could. I know you are busy with your veggies and happy you have the reunion and party this weekend.

Matt was able to go to work and he can see without his glasses at the computer, but he seems to be aggravated by it all. He goes back to the eye doctor on 6/27. He has that day off. He said with the dark glasses (special ones) that he'll be able to drive there and back without his dad taking off.

Thanks to you both so very much!

Love & prayers,
    Faye
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thanks for asking, LittleBluestem...

Matt's left eye is still swollen which is what is causing his close up vision problems. It should get better soon. The right eye is doing well.

He goes back in 2 months for another checkup. There is a good possibility he may not need anymore surgery for a bit, but he is not very much in control of his sugar. So his endo needs to address that.

I talked to his endo who is mine too, recently, and told him about Matt.

I also talked to the nurse and she added the 24 hour urine collection to his lab work to be done. lol He has never had that done and he should have it done every year. I like the endo I see because I can talk about Matt to him and he won't tell Matt that he heard it from me.

He was my endo when I was pregnant with Matt back in 1980.

Hope you are doing well too. :) Happy 4th! :)
    Hugs,
    Faye
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

LittleBluestem,
    Forgot to tell you that my GERD and erosive esophagitis is getting slowly better. I'm still having fluid problems and I hope that isn't a sign of a more serious problem. I think it is from sitting so much due to the GERD. I do take a fluid pill, Bumex, but it isn't seeming to work so well.

I am in the middle of Keflex for a bladder infection also that I saw the doc on Thursday about.

Thanks to all of your prayers things are doing pretty good right now.

I try to get on the FMS board, but it has been going so fast it is hard to keep up.

Then there is no one much to deal with the Diabetes board, so my friend, Heide and I are trying to answer questions on there since some people who basically were answering left the board. So there is really not many to help others. So that has taken a lot of my time.

In addition, I am a manager of another site, for FMS/CFS/MS/MPS and we are now including diabetics. Wish I could include the name of the site, it is an MSN Group, but I don't want to get banned from here by Tech Support. lol

Love and prayers,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

So glad to hear that Matt is slowly improving. Thank God!

Also that your GERD might be getting better.

Recently, I had a 10 lb. weight gain, much of it fluid retention I think. This all happened in two weeks from a 'mood stabilizer' med. that I was taking for extreme sleep deprivation.

Whewwww, but I found out that dandelion tabs or capsules helped with the fluid retention - got rid of some of it.
    Also eating celery stalks is a natural diuretic.

Since your reg. med. isn't working so well, you might want to ask your Dr. about the dandelion tabs. - those are the strongest herbal diuretics. So far I'm down 2 lbs. without dieting.

Sending prayers for Matt and yourself,
    Lots of love, Judy
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Judy,
    Thanks for the info, especially about celery helping with fluid problems. I never knew that or if I did I didn't remember it. Will ask hubby to pick up some celery the next time he goes to the store. I have always liked celery raw or cooked.

Some people eat dandelions in their salads. Of course you would want to make sure they weren't sprayed with weed killer, but I bet I could find some in the yard fairly easily. lol

Wish catnip did the same as we have a ton of it growing here in pots and in flower beds organically for our cat. Has pretty flowers and some of the birds like the seeds. It comes back every year.

My Pill Book says that "swelling" is a side effect from the Keflex antibiotic I am taking for a bladder infection since last Thursday. :( He gave me enough for 10 days of it. I think I can deal with this until I finish that med. I bet that is what has made my fluid problems worse.

Thanks again, Judy!
    Love & prayers,
    Faye
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Littlebluestem .I'm going to try the celery too.I hope I'm not intruding.I was just concerned about Matt>I'll continue to say prayers Faye.Linda
  15. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

LittleBluestem and Linda,
    Thanks to both of you for your constant prayers for Matt.

Linda, no one is ever intruding on here or any PH board.

I have the celery on my list right now. I have no idea when hubby will have time to go to the store to pick it up. But at least I can eat it without worrying about my blood sugar going up from that.

Love & prayers,
    Faye