Need more surgery- I'm scared!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy1, Jan 4, 2003.

1. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Hi All, Well I had Lumpectomy on the 26th. Saw my surgeon
    yesterday, although the pathology report has not been finished, he spoke with the path.dept. and the anterior margin was not clear. So it looks like I get to go back!
    I'm soo frightened, The only good news is it not in my lymph nodes, so surgery and radiation should get rid of it.
    I'm having a major flare and can't decide if the sweats are from cfs or fms or stopping my premerin.The cold of the surgery really got to my muscles.
    This seems like the last straw.I was questioning how I was going to get through Mardi Gras,2 Balls, and my husband is riding on a float,I was suppose to hosstess his boss's
    wives from Briton, and one of my twin daughters is getting married in april,she wants it all,showers,teas etc.Sorry but I had to vent. My local doctors have let me down and... Well That IS enough venting, keep me in your prayers I need all the stregth I can get Bless you Sandy
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} You have to put your health first, before Mardi Gras balls and parades and playing hostess. Your daughter's wedding is important, but the rest of it may just have to go on without you this year. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. When are you having the next surgery?
    BTW, I live in a New Orleans suburb, I wonder how near we are?
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry you are going through such rough health issues, in addition to FM/CFS! But I agree with Karen, you MUST put your health & recovery ahead of social functions! Believe me, I understand what it feels like to have obligations, people depending on you, etc.--and part of why we all want to do these things is so we can feel like we're part of some kind of normal world, instead of just the world of the "ill". But right now, it seems you have enough health stuff going on that you need, first & foremost, to take care of your body, getting as much rest & recovery time as possible to face the next surgery & radiation, and then take care to recover from THAT. I don't want you to have to suffer anymore than the health issues are already causing you to flare. Hope you will consider slowing down & resting, talking to your family about cutting back & compromising...surely they love you & want what's in your best interests! Take care, and I'll be saying a prayer & hoping you are doing better soon!

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  4. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Thanks for correcting my praspective.
    I live in Covington,La. on the North Shore.We've lived in 3 places since moving to LA in 96. I still don't have doctors I can depend on. That's why I went to Dr. Lapp in
    North Carolina. Where do you live?
    My husband's job is Sales Manager for Rolls Royce Marine,
    so entertaining is really our bread and butter, not just fun and games. I do know my health comes first that's why
    last year I pased myself and had my daughters take over alot of my "duties". It just seems that breast cancer is one to many.
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I agree with everyone else - you must put your health first. You won't be any good to anyone if you're not well! I am praying for you for a good outcome with your surgery! One of my best friend's is named Sandy, and she also has twin daughters. They both got married last year -within a month of each other. I am an identical twin too. I thought they should have had a double wedding, but I guess they wanted separate weddings. I'm very happy for you - a wedding is a wonderful thing! Take good care of yourself, okay!?

Annette2
  6. karen55

karen55 New Member

Destrehan, which is west of the N.O. International Airport, between Kenner and Laplace. I lived in Metairie for many years, and all of my docors are in Metairie and New Orleans. My oldest daughter lives in Covington with my granddaughter.
    I work for a group of Marine Surveyors, is the place your husband works a boat dealership?
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is nothing, NOTHING, worth risking your health over. I know how important your husband's job is, but if he is a valued member of his company, they will understand when breast cancer srikes that expecting the spouse to entertain is madness.

Your daughter wouldn't be the first to plan and carry out her own wedding. She needs a healthy mother more than a big wedding. In fact, she needs a mother, period.

I get the feeling you are reading and understanding what everyone here is saying to you but I don't get the feeling that it is really getting through. It may just be the denial stage, but it's really important to move beyond denial and start putting your health first.

Love, Mikie
  8. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Dear Sandy, I wanted to cry after reading your recent post. I hope you can call upon friends and family to help you with everything. I know its not easy but please put yourself and your health first and take care of you! I have 21 year old twins too. I told myself when they were born that God doesn't give us any more than we can handle but He is pushing it with you right now!! I'm praying for Our dear Lord to give you strength and courage to deal with your days ahead.
    Sincerely,
    Darla