Need Motivation to change diet.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tawra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Tawra

Tawra New Member

How did you motivate yourself to change your diet?

Two years ago I went on an anti-candidia diet. I lost 30 lbs. over 1 1/2 years and felt better. Then this summer/fall was VERY stressful and I gained it all back and now I feel horrible!

The problem is when I did it before, it helped but not enough to be "worth it" if you know what i mean. Right now food is my friend. I can't do any of my other hobbies so I eat.

How do you change your thinking to even try again? Did something inspire you?

Tawra
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

tawra;

IMHO, but why not try a good diet soda or bottled water?
    Use the water or soda over the course of the day and you might not have the urge to eat.

Just a suggestion..

nyrofan
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Check out my post about "affirmations". You can make your own scripts and tape them.

Affirmations address your subconscious mind and are very powerful.

4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Have you looked at xchocoholic's post about healthy recipes? That's a good start. The reason you eat is not because food is your friend, but because your body is making you want to eat something. That means you are lacking some serious nutrients in your diet and the only way your body can tell you is to make you want to eat. Unfortunately, your body is not going to tell you what you're missing so you end up grabbing the "yummy" stuff.

When you start giving your body what it needs, it will stop making you want to eat. Start by getting good vitamin and mineral supplements, maybe even some free form amino acids pills, too.

Start eating lots of vegetables. If you don't like them, boil them in chicken broth. After about 2-3 weeks, your body will start benefiting from them and it will change the taste from nasty to no-so-bad. Don't smother them in butter or ham, but get them down.

I eat only healthy food right now and have absolutely no food cravings. I used to snack on crap all day long. Don't assume that you are eating well and the basic building blocks your body needs (vitamins, minerals and amino acids) are included in all the food you're eating AND that your body is processing those nutrients like it should. Start researching food and what is healthy. Here's a good site that is easy reading:

healingdaily.com

I eat veggies at least 5-6 times a day. I can't feel good without them. If you're into cooking and want some gourmet veggie recipes, look at epicurious.com.

Don't bother with veggie recipes like green bean casserole with the Campbell's cream of mushroom soup. That kind of veggie cooking is crap. Use chicken broth until you start getting accustomed to eating them and move on from there.

good luck!

karen
  5. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I agree with all the vegetables and stuff. My motivation by eating properly is how much better I feel.

My diet used to consist of McDonald's at least 3 times a week, my eating habits were horrible.

I started visiting a juice bar and the energy I have felt is incredible. I actually feel like it is helping my body heal. I also started taking acidophillus and fiber which has also helped ALOT.

The hardest part is getting started but if you make small changes and they help you'll want to start eating properly, just my thoughts!!

Take care, Ritatheresa