need motivation

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by halohope, May 20, 2009.

1. halohope

halohope New Member

I'm just starting my weight loss journey and I'm having such a hard time staying on the right track..
    am so used to using food as my buffer for life's problems...how do you all stay motivated...
    I NEED HELP...
  2. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

Hi,

I gained sooo much weight when I got sick 4 years ago. I couldn't get motivated until 6 weeks ago. That is when I saw that my doctor of 30 years referred to me as "Obese". This is the same doctor who used to call me "Twiggy".

Well, that did it for me! I started the next day writing down every single bite that I eat. I watch every calorie. I eat 1200 calories each day. I can't really excercise anymore but I do have control over what I eat.

I have lost 14 pounds in the past 6 weeks. I get discouraged sometimes, but I will not give up.

I wish I could help you more but it can be the strangest thing that pushes a person into changing. I personally HAVE to write down everything out in the open so my husband or anyone else can look at it and I write my weight on the kitchen calendar every day.

I wish you the best and keep thinking about the nice clothes you will wear when you reach your goal!

I still have 56 pounds to go!

Cindy
  3. halohope

halohope New Member

I JUST STARTED A FOOD JOURNAL A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO....I HOPE IT WORKS AS WELL FOR
    ME AS IT DID FOR YOU...SUMMERS COMING AND I WANT TO BE A LEAST 20 POUNDS....
    LIGHTER MY THE END OF JULY....I CANT BELIEVE AM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER FAT SUMMER...

I WOULD LOVE A WEIGHT LOSS BUDDY ON LINE IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW..

TAKE CARE
  4. faigele

faigele New Member

and it's very simple. We joined Weight Watchers about a year ago. Whenever I am shopping and think about getting, for example, a chocolate bar, I just picture the scale we use to weigh in, and think about how I would hate to show a gain, after all my hard work.