Need my prayer warriors.......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kim840, May 27, 2004.

1. kim840

kim840 New Member

Hi,

I posted on the FM board and decided to post here and ask for some prayer. I am a very sincere christian and would not have expected what is happening to me.

I've begun having anxiety attacks while asleep. I've had 3. Two have been extreme vertigo attacks out of a dead sleep and one was chest discomfort and symptoms that sent me to the hosp. last week. They kept me for 2 days and ran all the standard cardio tests. Everything is fine there. I've had 2 episodes in the last week.

Saw my GP yesterday for my follow-up and we decided to treat for anxiety with Zoloft and Xanax when needed. I've been off the Zoloft for over a year now. It's a good drug for me. I am very sensitive to drugs so I am starting off with 12 mg., rather than 25.

Each time I have one of these episodes I've been with my mom that day. You see, my mom is in the process of dying. She's wasting away before my eyes. She's still at home with my dad. They've been married 60 years on June 16. Anyway, she had stage 3 cervical cancer 2 years ago and went through extreme radiation/chemo. The cancer is gone. But, as a result of the radiation she's not able to eat. She is 5'5" and weighs 80 lbs. now. They can't get it under control. She is 78. We have talked about her salvation and I am secure that she is going to be with the Father and am overjoyed about that.

I live only 5 minute from them and help out with the a little housecleaning and doing my mom's hair, etc. But, for the most part my dad takes care of things. I'm only there maybe 1-2 times a week for a couple of hours. I'm the one they call when needed. My brother lives about 40 miles away and works 70hrs. a week. I'm on disability and home all day.

I thank God that I am home and able to be with them. What a gift. And that I've had my parents for so long as I am now 54.

I just could really use some prayer support. During the day I am fine. I keep busy and when the thoughts come I shake them off as best I can. HOWEVER, my sleep is removing my ability to do that and the stress and fear of this reality hits and my body acts out.

My mom and I are best friends. I know so many of you can relate. And I know many have lost their moms, some at a very young age.

I would love your prayer support. Plus any feedback and sharing your experiences. I appreciate it beyond words.

God Bless you and
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marcia
  2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your Mother, & your anxiety attacks. It is understandable that when you go to sleep your mind & body start to remember all the stress you have been in that day. I don't know the answer, but will pary for peace & rest from God for you.
    My mother is 80, she is till very active & well, which I thnak God for, she is also my best friend. I had tried to protect her from the knowledge of my FM, but was surprised the other day to hear her talking to someone about it, she knows I have it, but I don't tell her a lot of the times when I am not good, so was surprised she knew ! I will be devastated when it is her time to go, but also know she loves the lord dearly, & will be with Him.
    Somehow though that thought isn't as easy to think about, I know the same will be for you. I will be praying for you through this time, & for your mother too.
    Linda.
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers. You`ve all been through so much its no wander you have anxiety. I have been through the cancer nightmare. My dad had prostate cancer and then colon cancer. He didn`t survive the colon cancer because they found it too late.

I`m glad your mom made it. Maybe with time her appetite will come back and she can gain some weight back. I`ll be praying for her. Let us know how your all doing.

God bless,
    Sandy
  4. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray for Marcia in this sad and stressful time in her life. I ask that You give her the gift of peaceful, restful sleep. I ask that You surround her with Your angels that they stand guard over her day and night and protect her against these attacks of the enemy.

Prepare her heart for her mother's homecoming and let their remaining time on earth be blessed by Your hand.

In Jesus name I pray,
    Della
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

My mother is in congestive heart failure and only 23 percent of my father's heart is working.
    they have other illnesses as well.

I also deal with the fear and reality hitting and am very much afraid. I see the fear in there eyes as well.

This is having a major effect on my heatlth too.

My heart goes out to you and I know what you are going through, sometime I feel like I just can't breath.
    I do not know how to live in a world without them.

My mother still calls me her little girl. reading your post really hit home for me. You have all my love and prayers.

You are Blessed to have them still at 54 but I don't think that makes it any easier.

<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>

Lisa
  6. kim840

kim840 New Member

Thanks so much for all your prayers, and encouragement. I appreciate them so much.

I am seeing a Christian Counselor on Tuesday to begin counseling. He just lost his mom in March so understands the loss, and his sister had severe anxiety which kept her housebound. He counseled with her and in 6 weeks she was out and about. He is very energetic and confident. Thinks 2 sessions may do it for my new anxiety attacks.

I stopped my meds as I could not function. Since I am seeing him so soon I am relying more on the counseling to help. I feel like the calvary is on its way! I have the meds if I need them.

I'm feeling better, my anxiety level is down, but then you never know when they hit you while you sleep. The first couple of nights I was afraid to fall asleep.

My husband and I are going to get some needed counseling as well. He suffers from clinical depression and ADD. Through our many years together its become a codependent relationship. I want to straighten it out and find the boundaries that should be in place and get us on the road to a healthier, more enjoyable marriage.

I know God has directed me these last few days because of your understanding, compassion, prayer support and advice.

Thanks again!

Gentle Hugs and Blessing,
    Marcia

7. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I am pleased to hear things have improved for you a little. I hope the counselling proves to be really helpful for you, & your husband too. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless.
    Linda.