Need Names of Good Supplement Brands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pw7575, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am going to go to the Vitamin Shoppe today to buy some good vitamins and minerals and other supplements. I have no clue which brands are good so I would LOVE any suggestions you all can give to me. Here is what I am planning to buy and would like to know which companies make good quality stuff.

Magnesium Gylcinate
    Co-enzyme Q 10
    L-Carnitine
    D-Ribose
    B-12 Sublingual
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Some sort of electrolyte powder or drink
    Probiotics
    Green Food Supplements

THANKS!
    Pam
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I have used and liked Pro Health, from this website, and NSI, Gargen of Life (good stuff but expensive), Source Naturals, Nature's Way, Enzymatic Therapy, Natrol, Twinlab and Solaray. I've used some others, too, but these are the ones that come to mind right now. If you can find Electrolyte Stamina, I use it 2-3 times a day, it's great stuff.

good luck!

karen

3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Thanks Karen! I know you had/have some of the same issues that I am having so I will check out the brands you listed. I am sure they will have some of those at the store.

Thank you Clay2 for the info. I will have to look into some of this stuff. I don't want to end up paying lots of money for ones that aren't going to work. I guess I especially need to look carefully into the probiotics.

Thanks Again!!
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Thank You for the information. I definitely plan on starting out slow with anything that I plan to take. I want to see what my body can handle first.

I am so hopeful about getting better uptake of my vitamins because I think I am having a big problem with that now. I don't think I am absorbing my vitamins and minerals very well at all. So if this will help me absorb better than I will be very glad.

THANKS!
    Pam
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I like Pure Encapsulations, but it's supposed to only be sold through health care practitioners' offices.

I believe you can buy it pretty easily on the Internet, though.

My big advice is to avoid brands that contain cellulose as a filler.

After about 8 years of supplements, I developed an allergy to cellulose. I get a big rash on my chest.

Unfortunately, there are some supplements and even drugs that can only be purchased in forms that contain cellulose. I only can use those if I am willing to put up with having the rash (and wearing high-neck shirts all the time).

Allergies often develop with too much exposure to substances the body is not supposed to absorb. Cellulose is one. Rubber is another. (I got my deadly latex allergy from taking too many shots---B12, kutapressin, glutathione, etc.---where I had to push a needle through a rubber stopper to pull out liquid.)

I wish now that I had purchased cellulose-free supplements all along (even though they're more expensive). Then I wouldn't have that allergy and thus wouldn't have to worry that I might want to take a drug or supplement that has it in.

(For instance, even the tiny little bit of cellulose in Enada will make me break out. I tolerated that for a while because the NADH helped me so much; fortunately, I now get it compounded and don't have to worry about it any more. For a couple of years it was really annoying, though.)[This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm a huge fan of Pro Health supplements.

I live overseas so shopping at a vitamin store is out for me, but I love the supps, they've helped so much and Pro Health's customer service is wonderful.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  7. jess

jess New Member

Hi, some good ones are Douglas Labs(Mag glycinate) Jarrow(Q absorb), Corvalen(Ribose) and East Park(olive leaf). You could also order from Pro Health here. they have good quality supplements. Jess
  8. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m thinking about trying supplements from bio Innovations.
    Dr becker, is on t.v. and I watch him often.
    also does anyone use olive leaf ,and what does it help.
    thanks sixtyslady