Need Nausea Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heathnicole, May 10, 2006.

1. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

Hey guys need help.
    I have had really bad nausea for almost 2 months. The nausea gets really bad in the evenings. I am have very bad tremors my jaw moves up and down alond with my hands and legs.
    Does anyone know what I can do?
    I take magnesium for restless leg but these tremors and nausea are killing me,
    thanks so much
    heather
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Have you been to the Doc for this yet ? you might get checked out.They can give you pills for nausea. I had to take them before with some methotrexate and it seemed to help.Can't remember what it was, it was an RX though.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Heather,
    There are solutions for nausea, but you need to get to the bottom of why you have it in the first place. Is it the meds your on, or the food you eat, ect.

There's something wrong if your nauseaous all the time. I agree you need to talk to your doc about this.

K.
  4. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

I often feel nauseated, too. My rheumy said it is a side effect of fibro? It drives me crazy I can't stand this feeling...
  5. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I suffer terrible from it too...the tremors could be from Neuronton if you are on it...I think all the medication give so much side affects ...one of them for sure is nausea for sure...I hate that one the most...I use ginger...
  6. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Heather

Have you tried ginger for the nausea? I find it quite good. There are a number of ways to take it. You can buy pills, but I think its cheaper to use the raw root.

Keep it in the freezer so it stays fresh, then when you want to use it, just grate some off the root and add it to a cup of boiling water, with a little bit of honey. It tastes quite good.

If you dont mind me asking - the tremors you mentioned - are they due to your fibro? Its just that I have started getting similar tremors, along with numbness, and I'm not sure if its part of the CFS or something new.

Take care
    Michelle
  7. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

Thanks for the hlep this is killing me. I think I have flared up again and it brought on nausea.
    I have lemon ginger tea- along with capsules so I will try those more often.

As for my tremors I don't know I am really worred- I mean I shake and shake really bad- my hands and my jaw moves to where my teeth chatter- the contstant jaw movement caused TMJ I am just so lost and I am having terrible doc luck. Everydoc seems too look at me and think there is no way this girl is having all these problems and gets overwelmed. All I ever hear is "your too young for this" and in my head I think no kidding!

Please let me know if you find out anything or if something works :)
    GOd bless
  8. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Make a very simple list on the computer of your symptoms now. Then make another list of all the medical issues you've ever had in your lifetime. Another list of all the meds you take, over the counter stuff included. Take the three lists to the doctor as soon as you can get an appointment. Sometimes doctors just need help in puting the puzzle pieces together. Ask for Zofran. It takes care of the nausea without making you so sleepy like many of the other meds.

On a personal note, I found that when I was so nauseated, my blood pressure fell. A tilt table test confirmed this. Gastroparaisis was another reason.

Good luck and be persistant at the doctor's office. You need to get to the bottom of this.
    H
  9. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

To stop the nausea;go to a herb shop or health food store and get a bottle of Peppermint oil. It is about $8.00 for a 2 oz. bottle. Just put one drop on the back of your hand and lay your tongue on it.That way the oil can be used by anyone in the family. It will stop your nausea instantly and will not interfere with any meds you may take. Also it doesn't stop your digestion like an antacid will. It is safe for children.Use this as often as you want to. I carry mine in my purse. It is also good for bad breathe.
    Hugs Shirley