Need Pain Doctor In Tennessee Near Memphis/Nashville/Jackson,TN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by AcappellaMusic, Jul 17, 2006.

1. AcappellaMusic

AcappellaMusic New Member

I have a pain doctor that is about to give up on giving me pain medicine and without it I could not get through another day without screaming in pain. I will always fight this until I find a cure,but I need to at least be out of some pain and get rest with my pain med. If you know anyone in Memphis,Nashville,Jackson,Tennessee area please reply,thanks.
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I don't actually see a pain doctor, I use a Nurse Practitioner. She has fM, MPS and Lupus, so she understands. You'll probably want to sign a chronic pain contract with them, no big deal, just makes it easier for them to treat you and give you what you need and also document your files in case they get reviewed. The doctor is in McKenzie, TN. How far away are you from there?

Just curious, you don't have anything in your profile, so I don't know if that's out of the range of what you are looking for or not. I've never actually been to a pain management clinic. If you want more info, let me know.
  3. AcappellaMusic

Thanks for the e-mail. Could you give me more information. Do I see the doctor first and then her or can I just see her? Does she prescribe hydrocodone,because that is what I am on and is she scared to prescribe enough?,that is what I am trying to find, someone that is not scared to prescribe enough for this condition that we have. I also have severe fibromyalgia,CFS and myofascial Pain. Thanks for your response. I am in the Memphis area.Looking forward to hearing from you again,thanks.
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Sorry I've been off the board for a while....

You should be able to make an appointement directly with her.

She has several simiar conditions herself, so she understands chronic pain.

She had me sign a chronic pain conctract for the file and prescribes me what I need. She is cautious about what she proscribes and would never in any way freely distribute prescriptions without merit, but she does understand and treat my pain. I think that she is very good. She listens and discusses my health with me.

Her name is Kristi Hazelwood and is a NP. She is in the office of Dan Sumrok in McKenzie, TN. You should be able to find their info from that. I don't think I can post their phone number or address on here or anything. I hope that isn't too much already. I just really believe that she understands and that she takes care of her patients.

Good luck,
    MrsJ

5. AcappellaMusic

Thanks for the help. I am so glad that we have the message boards because it is people like you that we need. Thanks for the information. I wish you much health and pain free days.
  6. AcappellaMusic

Hi,
    I am having a hard time with my doctor trying to cut my medicines totally off and she just is not understanding what I am going through. I need to know the name of the doctor or nurse so that I can get their telephone number and call. It has gotten to the point that my family doesn't understand how we need our medicines even though I am trying other things to try and get relief(many natural things) I believe there is hope but until then I have to have something for relief. I will be waiting on your response. Thanks again for everything,Tonya
  7. AcappellaMusic

Sorry, I just realized you gave me the information that I needed:>)THANKS A BUNCH
  8. AcappellaMusic

Do you mind telling me what meds does she have you on and how many? Will she give you what you need to feel better or is she scared to give enough to last a month? Thanks
    Right now I am on hydrocodone 10 MG,fentyl patch