need pain relief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halfacre2, Apr 19, 2012.

1. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

I have to be off of all meds including pain meds for the next three days. My last peptide shot didn't work so I am having my 4th one on Mon. I have been in pain for the past three weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on how to help the pain without taking anything internal? I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Anything you can do to get your mind off pain is a good thing! What do you like to do best? And make yourself as comfortable as possible. I have a pair of green and yellow super-fuzzy Grinch pajamas, a purple robe and bright pink slippers. I know it probably blinds the neighbors when I get my paper, but it's soft and at least they can find me!

A hand held shower spray is good too, because you can direct the water flow to the part that hurts the most. Also, there is a bath "recipe" that uses epsom salts, cider vinegar and peroxide. I got it from this website and it is very relaxing and soothing.

If there is a health food store near you, there is a product by Source Naturals called "Fibro Response" that has just about every natural thing you could want for pain. I have used this for about 7 years and it works really well for me. There is another product called "Super Blue Stuff" that comes in a roll on and has a peach smell to it. Having used every muscle cream known to mankind (and a few that almost melted my skin off my bones!) this stuff not only works really well but there isn't any burning sensation or that smell people seem to hate.

Aroma therapy is relaxing as well. A candle and my iPod are my best friends at night!

And last, but not least, I don't know if you have a pet but just holding and petting an animal is a for-sure pain melter. My cats may be furry little food chompers, but when the chips are down, there has never been a more compassionate and "I-love-you-no-matter-what" friend, who doesn't mind soggy fur and my pain-related wails.

Be good to yourself - you deserve it!
    Soft hugs,