Need Physical Therapist In Southern California

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goodkamra, Oct 22, 2002.

1. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi All,

I'm in need desperate need of a physical therapist and I'm hoping someone here might be able to recommend someone. I live in Whittier, CA and need to find someone within 30 minutes of my home.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone on my own, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I have very tight muscles and a low tolerance for activity, and I'm seeking someone who can create an exercise program for me, the goal of which would be to increase my flexibility, strength, and endurance, and avoid the pitfalls of injury. I also have some current pain issues that will need to be addressed...knees, shoulder, and low back. I'm not new to exercising....I've been at it a long time, but I always run into trouble and often cannot seem to recover on my own. I need someone to turn to for guidance.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be thankful to hear them.

Thanks so much,

Yvonne
  2. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi All,

I'm in need desperate need of a physical therapist and I'm hoping someone here might be able to recommend someone. I live in Whittier, CA and need to find someone within 30 minutes of my home.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone on my own, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I have very tight muscles and a low tolerance for activity, and I'm seeking someone who can create an exercise program for me, the goal of which would be to increase my flexibility, strength, and endurance, and avoid the pitfalls of injury. I also have some current pain issues that will need to be addressed...knees, shoulder, and low back. I'm not new to exercising....I've been at it a long time, but I always run into trouble and often cannot seem to recover on my own. I need someone to turn to for guidance.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be thankful to hear them.

Thanks so much,

Yvonne
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

i live in OC - used to live in Brea when i was rear-ended on my way to the first day of a new job! (Had moved from Santa Barbara)

Anyhow, I have been to PT for several weeks 3 times at 3 dif places since the accident and they ALL made me much worse!!!! The 3rd one, Ando & Aston in Anaheim Hills claimed to know about FM/CMP, and I wound up on the couch or in bed ALL DAY after each and every visit from the pain. I finally just stopped going. Then they ruined my credit while I was in dispute while in communications w/ Blue Shield (my husbands ins.)about their bill.

I have FM and SEVERE CMP - if YOU find anyone, let me know!!!!!!!
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It's been awhile since I have been to her, but there is a really Great PT in Long Beach. She will help you with an excerise program, she helped me with a Back problem a few years ago, and even tho I have OA,MPS,FMS, I believe I would have a worse back if I hadn't been to her.

Gail Teaford, 3760 Kilroy Airport way, LB
    562-981-2300

She's right off the 405, if you see her,let me know and I can give you directions on how to get there, it's by the LB Airport.

There's also a good PT Group at the Lakewood Regional Hospital, and they are Super also. My Dr. who treats me for my OA and MPS works out of that Hospital and he's sent me to them before and they have a knowledge of FMS/MPS.
    562-531-2550 or 562-602-6871 that's the Rehab number. They are a Fun gruop and that helps when there is a Postive feeling in the air.

They remember me because I Cried when they were working on my Rotator Cuff Repair, back in 98, I cried mostly out of Frustration, it was my 2nd surgery on the cuff, and I had been through the PT before and I knew the hard work ahead of me, and I was soooooo, sensitive, lol, that they gave me a Gal after my first visit, I had a guy then, and I think I unnerved him. He still works there. They helped me as much as possible, but due to the damage that was done, I still can't use the arm fully. But the excerise's they taught me, I still use to keep the arm working as much as it can.

Good Luck and God Bless,
    Sincerely
    kredca4
  5. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with PT's. I understand and empathize. You might want to check out "kredca4's" response to my post. She provided a referral that sounds pretty good!

Best Regards
  6. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Thank you so much for the PT referrals, It is much appreciated! It's so hard to find someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating FMS and related illnesses. Thanks again!