Need POTENT natural Antihistamine, NOW !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Nov 22, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Not doing well, Exposed myself cleaning bathroom yesterday,. Used Lysol Basin bath & Tile, BIG NO-NO, I am such a dumbass. EVERY SPOT I have touched or scratched myself is SCREAMING with itch. And I mean EVERYWHERE. To clear histamine, the body uses ADRENALINE and mine is through the roof. Took extra Tenormin last night, to try to sleep, awake until almost 5 am.

SO, give me your BEST natural ANTIHISTAMINE or ADRENALINE BLOCKER. Please keep it simple, as am antsy as hell and can't stand to sit and brain is highly distracted with this EXTREME ALLERGy RESPONSE. aND HEAD FEELS LIKE IT'S GONNA BLOW. HELP!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2006]
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Okay, simple stuff: onions, garlic, lemons, oranges and calcium all reduce histamine in one way or other. Try vitamin c, 250 mg 3x day.

Or you can also try to lend support to the adrenals by taking:

pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) 50mg 2x day
    vitamin B6 25mg 2x day
    tyrosine 100mg 2x day (caution if using antidepressants, St John's Wort, or MAOs, have cirrhosis, melanoma or phenylketonuria) because may increase blood pressure, I use it everyday

licorice 100 mg 2x day
    along with vitamin c

or you could eat lots of foods with tyrosine: eggs, green beans, lean meat, peas, seafood, aged natural cheese, skim milk, whole wheat bread, yogurt

Stinging nettle is another natural antihistamine.

Okay, that's the simple stuff! good luck, karen
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thank you for your help. Already use the B5, B6 and Tyrosine. Am out of Vit C AND Calcium, so am heading to health food store to get some hIGH dose whole food vitamin C and calcium. My FFC doc said I could take extra of my compounded cortisol. So will do that too. Hate to start a new herb (stinging nettle) when haveing a problem, so I'm probably too chicken to try it now. Thank you so much for your help. I think you and I tend to do a lot of similiar things, so I really value your input.

AGHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T STAND MYSELF.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I made it through the night. I took about 5,000-6,000 GRAMS of vitamin C, doubled my Tenormin (beta blocker and blocks the effects of Adrenaline), 600 mg. Ibuprofen ( reduce inflammation in the skin), Calcium, (lots) and my regular nighttime supplements, amino acids, and I slept great.
    I went to sleep before 11 and didn't wake up until 8. Best night I've had in a long time. I'm still itching but the Adrenaline issue is a whole lot better. Will keep doubling up the Tenormin, and doc said I could take 2-4 extra Cortisol capsules, so lets hope.

5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Adrenaline under control with the extra Tenormin but itch is still maddening. Just read that Chondroitin sulphate inhibits mast cells. Am going to go buy a bottle, will let you know if it helps.