Need prayer for a resident where I work - his mother is dying

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by craziC, Sep 17, 2004.

1. craziC

craziC New Member

I work at a facility for disabled (mentally retarded/physically disabled). There are 50 residents who live here.

One of the residents' mother had a massive stroke and is dying. She's at home but they have contacted Hospice. This resident is having a difficult time understanding what is going on. He's not eating and is becoming depressed.

Please pray that the Lord will take her soon so she no longer has to suffer. Also remember the resident as he faces the death of his rock, his mother. She is an amazing women. Remember the rest of the family as well.

Thank you,
    Crazi
  2. booboo56

booboo56 New Member

Hi,
    What a difficult situation. I do pray that God will take his mother soon, and that God's grace will be upon this gentleman and sustain him through this troubling time. And also for the rest of the family to get through this time by God's strenth.

Joan

3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Our troubles seem miniscule when you read about others.
  4. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

for mother for no more suffering and also peace for her dear son. What sunflower said is so true~and you are truly, for all those that you work and share your life with, a blessing!~~~~with hope,cinnabarsib
  5. craziC

craziC New Member

Friday, I got to spend so time with James. He came back in my office for a while and just hung out. He knows that she's going to pass on but it's really difficult for him.

James and him family had a rough life. They lived in an unsafe area and gangs were everywhere. James because disabled due to a fight with a gang member. He got attacked with a baseball bat and is now in a wheelchair.

His mother raised the children by herself and has been a rock for the whole family. My heart is breaking for this family. I guess I'm also really drawn to them because I don't have that closeness with my family.

Please keep remembering James and his family in your prayers. I'll keep all of you updated. Thank you for caring enough to pray for someone you don't even know. I appreciate all of you so very much.

Thank you,
    Crazi