Need Prayer for my Mom,

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kredca4, Jul 12, 2002.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Mom is in the CCU and she may not come back home, She's that critical.
    I wish that I didn't have to make a Post like this, my Mom and I have always had a rocky relationship.

We have become close over the last couple of years, inspit of a few riff's. Who dosen't have them from time to time?

She does not want any extraoradinary life saving measures taken, and I had to sign a Paper today at the Hospital to that effect. They will treat her as a code 2, which means that they will keep her comfortable, and only use Medicines for the Heart or the Lung's, no tubes, or shocks to bring her back.

She wants to be with her Family, her Grandmother, Mother, Father, and her 3 Brother's. I know that they are waiting for her in Heaven to welcome her.

I'm just feeling so lost right now, I can't stop crying, I know what her wishes are, she has repeated them to me often enough, and I would just say, Mom go to the Dr. and you'll get better.

She has refused for 6 months to see her Internist, and now it might be to late. She has 3 good Doctor's and the Nurses are wonderful to her. They are very kind, and treat her so gently, she's a large woman with a lot of Orthopedic problems also, and it's hard for her to be comfortable in certain positions. She's been a real Trooper though, I thought for sure she would fight them, but she has been sedated enough that the Pain from the test's aren't to bad.

I just want the Lord to give her Peace and Comfort and that all will be according to His Will. I love my Mom, but I know how unhappy she has been for a long time now and feels alone, even with 6 kid's, you still can feel like there is no family left. Hope that made sense.

I Thank you Lord Jesus that you allowed my Mom and I to mend fences while there was still time, and I also Thank you for the caregiver's you have sent her way.

God Bless you all, (SharonK)
    kredca4

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have prayed and will continue to do so for your Mom, you and the caregives too.

You said ' God's Will' and that is exactly how I will pray for your Mom.

You try and take care of yourself through this, the Lord will supply the strength you will need.

God Bless Hon,

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Jude

Jude New Member

Sharon, I had been thinking about you today and wondered if you had made it to CA OK. It's a tough situation for you to be in. I believe that God will do what is best for your mom at this time. I pray that he gives you the strength to get through this without a flare. Your mom has made her wishes clear to you and other family members. And that's a good thing. I pray that the Lord will place his hand on Sharon's shoulder and give her the peace that only he can bring.

Peace Be With You
    Jude
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Sharon, I am sorry that you are feeling sad and overwhelmed at this time. Remember that the Father is constant by your side and your Mother's side, too. I know this situation, it is all too familiar. My Mother has been gone for 3 1/2 years and I still feel that roller coaster of caring for her at times. Please know that your Mother can be in a better place. Pray with her and help her to find the amazing love that our Lord has for her. I pray, Dear Lord, that Sharon's pain be eased and be replaced with grace and peace. Father, Sharon is herself ill and needs Your love to help her through this stressful time. Please help to carry this burden and ease the heaviness in her heart. I praise you for giving Sharon and her Mother the time to be Mother and Daughter and share with each other. The awesome gift of love you gave them will be cherished always. In Your most Holy name I pray. Amen
  5. silverbell

silverbell New Member

DEAR SHARON
    I AM PrAYING FOR YOUR MOM AND YOU
    AND NOT MY WILL LORD BUT THY WILL
    BE DONE,HEAVENLY FATHER THANK YOU
    FOR SENDING JESUS AND YOUR HOLY SPIRIT
    OUR COMFORTER,LORD JESUS GIVE THEM
    YOUR PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING
    AND THANK YOU JESUS THAT SHARON AND HER MOM
    WERE ABLE TO BUILD BRIDGES.AND COME TO KNOW
    AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. WHAT AN AWESOME GOD
    YOU ARE LORD.THANK YOU LORD FOR EVERY GOOD
    THING COMES FOM YOU, AND WE HAVE YOUR
    ASSURANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE SHARON
    OR HER MOM EVER.THANK YOU LORD, PRAISE YOU
    HEAVENLY FATHER
    LOVE AND PRAYERS silverbell
    marlene

6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Sharon, I will pray for your Mom and for you during this difficult time. I'm sorry I am late in responding to this.
    I have been busy with so much going on here and just started a new job. I didn't want you to think I don't care because I do care very much. I'm sorry your Mom is so ill.
    That is good she has such good caregivers. She is also blessed to have you as her daughter. We all have had our differences, but she knows you love her.

Take care, and I pray you will know God's presence with you and your Mom. God bless you both with His love and strength.

Love,
    Harmony
  7. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I thank you,
    Jude, Dee, Silverbell and Harmony, your words and Prayers mean so much to both of us, and I know God will Honor them.

Mom is still very very sick, and she's having a Hard Time Breathing and her Heart Is full of fluid same as the lungs.
    Yesterday morning I thought she was about to quit breathing while I was standing there. Scared me silly, and yet I don't want her to suffer this way if God isn't going to send her Home with me, if He wants her Home with Him (God), then I will just have to accept it and face the Stress and the Loss.

One thing I'm grateful for is that All my Brothers and Sisters aare supporting me in my descisions and I keep everyone up todate on what's going on.

We were Raised going to Church, but we didn't have the Example set at home during the Week, But the Word of God is still with us, right now I believe we are each remembering what we learned in Childhood that we are Not Alone and that God's Will must be done. So we know that God is merciful and kind and forgiving, and We do Believe that God and His Son Jesus is waiting for her with Open Arm's.

I Pray for all the Family on this Board and that God will answer each and every one of their Prayer's.
    I don't usually Post her, but I do read and then say a Prayer for everyone.

Dear God, Heavenly Father, I Praise you and I Thank you Lord for this board and I ask for mercy for all who are in need of answered Prayer, be it your will God and please give all who ask Comfort and Peace. In Jesus name,

God Bless You all today,
    kredca4/sharon
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

sharonk i will pray for your mom for her peace and comfort and i will pray for you that youand your family have the strenth physically and mentally to help y0u threw .
  9. Julygal

Julygal New Member

I read the postings yesterday regarding your Mom. I've been there with my Mom years ago, & truly empathize. My Mom did the exact same thing about not going to the doctor. I realized later that she knew she was consumed with cancer & she wanted to be with the Lord & didn't want to go through treatments, etc. She was 84 yrs. old & I don't know anyone who ever lived life fuller.
    Mother had a heart arrest after being hospitalized & was brought back. She made me promise that if that should happen again I would not have them try to revive her. I cried many tears & still do at times because I miss her so much. But I know she's with Jesus & happier than ever! It doesn't mean it's ever easy on us. And I don't mean to be saying that our situations are exactly alike. Just wanted to let you know that I understand, care & that you can be assured of my prayers.God's grace will see you through & your Mom & family. I say this from experience, too!
    You know that God considers our tears to be precious. In Psalms it's recorded that he collects & stores our tears. I've said before that I must have a 40-acre-field full of "tear bottles" up there! Isn't it great & comforting to know that He cares that much?
    I'm here to talk to if needed, ok?
    Love & prayers,
    Carolyn
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have been talking to the Family all day and to the Doctors, my Mom won't be coming home and I have to accept that. I Hate seeing her suffer and she's so confused as to where she is and what's going on.

I have asked the Lord and so has the rest of the Family, to please take her home if He isn't going to send her Home with me again.

I just walk around the house now, looking in her room, it's so empnty and I feel so Sad for her.

She lead a rough life, but she did the right thing when we were little and took us to Church every Sunday, we only missed Church if she was doing a Musical and was up to late afterwards.

My Mom was Beautiful, had a Lyric Saparano voice that I wish we had been able to record back then. If you have ever heard Sara Brightman, her voice reminds me of Mom's.
    She had 6 children and I guess that back then she felt she had to be Home with us instead of trying to make it in Show Business.

She always sang in the Chrior (sp is bad sorry), and I sang in the Jr. Chouir, and once in awhile, like at Christmas or Easter the two choirs(sp?????????) sang together.

It was one of my biggest thrills to be able to sing with my Mom. I looked up to her and really wanted to be her, except for her Temper, and that's the main trait I got from her. The Irish Temper, we are of course Redheads, Alburn really, and yes I do dye it now.

My Mother was abused and so was I and that was a bond we couldn't talk about. My Mom's closed mouth, and mines always open. We are like Sister's in some ways, she had me at the age of 17 years.

I came to the conclusion with Gods help, that I have been trying to Please a Mother that just couldn't be pleased.
    She had so many hurts and she had such High Hopes for the Good Life, it just didn't Happen.

She was married for a short time to a Man that she still to this day Loves. He was wealthy and a big shot in the City of Long Beach and she was his Trophy wife. She was younger than him.

He bought a Nightclub with a Great Dinner Room and we had two of the biggest talents who played in the Paino Bar.
    Well shortly after they got married, our Church informed her that if she was going to be a Bar Owner she could not attend Church there any more. We had been going there for over 15 years, and I grew up there. That hurt her and she hasn't gone to Church since.

I know that she Believes in God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and she does understand that she dosen't hve to go to Church for God to Love her. She just needs to Love Him and His Son, I know she does, as much as she is capable of Loving.

I just Pray that the Lord will not let her suffer, She may have been a Lousy Mother at times, but then we were lousy kids too.

Please Hug your Mom's, Dad's and Kids today, it will do you all a wealth of good and please hug them for me too.

God Bless You all, I'll Pray for the rest of the Family here who are also in need of the Lords Mercies and Kindness.

kredca4/sharon
  11. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Mom is doing better and she's wanting to come Home.
    The White count is down and if they can get the Lungs cleared up I can probably bring her home.

I'll have a major life style change because of it and so will She. We will see who copes better, lol, we both resist change.

I'm still in need of Prayer's and I will also continue to Pray for this board and Family who have also asked for Prayer.

Praise God and Thank You Lord,
    kredca4/sharon
  12. Jude

Jude New Member

Sharon, I'm still praying for you to be able to hold up under this enormous physical and emotional strain. I've been there and it is rough. Sometimes we just shut down feeling anything and just do what we have to do and that's the mind's way of protectiing us at the moment. May you feel the warmth of the creator's love surrounding you and sustaining you.

Jude
  13. Julygal

Julygal New Member

Hi Sharon, so wonderful to hear your praise report of answered prayers RE your Mom. God always knows what's best.
    Realizing your health situation, as well as your mom's, be assured of continued prayers. As God has already provided, He will continue!
    God's blessings,
    Carolyn
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2002]
  14. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Mom's white count is down to almost normal. They did an x-ray of her lungs yesterdy, and they looked pretty good.

Now they really do need to find out what kind of Infection she has in her intestines. Once she can start eating, I can bring her Home. She'll get better here, and I am hoping that we can get her on to a proper diet, and she will probably be on oxygen. So my work will be cut out for me.

I rely on the Promise of Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

God Bless You everyone, and I will continue to hold this board and the members and their requests up in my Prayers.

kredca4/sharon
  15. allhart

allhart New Member

IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOUR MOM IS GETTING BETTER I WILL CONTIUE TO PRAY ,FOR YOUR MOM,YOUR FAMILY AND FOR YOUR STRENTH, BUT PLEASE REMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
  16. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I came here asking for Prayers and I was not let down by the folks here that are such Prayer Warriors.

I'm playing a song with JoshGroban and Charlotte Church, called the "Prayer". It's so Beautiful and it's my Prayer for today.

Today I say Good bye to my Mother, along with her Friends and of course her Family.

I Thnak you for the Prayers and I'm asking for more, Today will be very hard on thoes of us who will Miss her.
    I have a Peace about where she is, "Resting in God's Arms'".
    I Pray that all who come to the Memorial Service, leave with the same sense of Peace.

God Bless you all,
    kredca4/sharon