Need prayer for my son

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caj, May 29, 2004.

1. caj

caj New Member

who is going through a divorce after 10 years of marriage. They will not reconcile and that is okay. My problem is that my son is using cocaine. He does not know that I know this. Pray that God will show me how to handle this. He is 32 years old. He has a very successful crabbing and fishing business, owns his own boats. I am afraid that he will lose everything including the relationship he has with his 18 month old son.

This is exactly what happened to his dad when he was young. Today my ex is 53, a drunk and uses drugs.

Please pray for my son. Thankyou, caj
  2. merpain

merpain New Member

Dearest CAJ,
    My heart of hearts go out to you. I can not imagine what you are going through. It is wonderful for you to be their with your son in his time of need. I will say special prayers for yourself, your son, and grandson. All elsewhom has been touched by this.
    Remember the Lord is by our side at all time; even if we feel he is not. He died for us for our sins. Your sons will be forgiven with a MOM who caress like you do. All kinda of help out there.
    My son just went through a divorce and custody fight and his has been terrible also. Now that the end is getting closer and all final he was still hurt but he became wiser. It is sad our children have to hurt to learn. Peace bw with you and yours. cynthia
  3. caj

caj New Member

for praying. I just spoke with my daughter about having our family do an intervention. I am also saying a prayer for your son. This is a difficult time that they are going through. My prayer is that God will put a hedge of protection around them and thier children. God is Good!!!

In His Love, Caj
  4. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I am very sorry and know the heartache that a mother goes through with this

same thing with my ex too. He blames me for his drinking, said I ruined his life.

I was 17 when I married him. this was a long time ago, I don't know how I'm ruining his life now.

As for my older son it has gotten so bad with drinking and whatever else he might be involved in, that he is no longer allowed in my home because he is so abusive.

The devil steals so many people's lives this way. I will be praying for your son along with mine.

Ask the Lord to take over and release your son into his hands.
    This is very difficult and heartbreaking too, I have been going through this with my son for years.

don't lose hope
    Love Lisa

5. caj

caj New Member

Thank you for your response. Giving my son to the Lord would be the best thing that I could do. I know that this is out of my hands. It is time for me to let go and let God. He is so awesome. And so are the people on this board.

I am so fortunate to have the freedom and the privilege to talk with others over the internet about the Lord. I am thankful for so much. I am praying for your son also. caj
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I will praying for both your son and you Caj.
    May the lord bless you both. Please keep your
    faith and the Lord will protect your son.

Danny
  7. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord, please give this mother courage, wisdom and discernment in her situation. Show her how to handle this situation.

Comfort her aching heart.

Let her son have an encounter with you that will break the chains of his addiction and set him on the right path.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  8. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

you are welcome and thank you for praying for my son as well.

He is breaking my heart as we speak, I have been praying for him for years and so is my family.
    I will be posting a prayer request soon, just don't know where to begin.

right now though my biggest fear and concern is my health.

without it I am of no use to anyone.

God Bless
    Lisa