Need prayer.....PLEASE???

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by gramaT, Jun 9, 2006.

1. gramaT

gramaT New Member

I'm going crazy with TMJ pain at about a 9 today. I went to the ER and the Dr gave me a novacaine injection at the nerve site in front of the bottom teeth. He said it would travel to the jawline and may help. It only helped a lttle and the rest of the day I've been taking 2 Vicodan every 4 hours.

I just can't handle this much pain. They don't really know if its that or a tooth problem. The xray didn't show up much.

Thank you all for your help and God Bless you. I will remember you all in my prayers tonite.

Carolyn
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm so sorry that you're in that much pain! Praying that you will find relief from the pain. Keep letting us know how you're doing - I'll keep you in my prayers.

Praying also that you find the cause.

Blessings,
    Judy
  3. dejovu

dejovu New Member

This is not medical advice, but I have found that instead of swallow two vicoden, just put one under your tonge and let it disolve. They have no nasty taste and it gets into your blood stream quicker. And you can use half as much medicine.

I am also saying prayers for you. De
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless , sorry you are going through so much

Why don't you ask your medical doctor what he might suggest to do next

Lord be with you

gentle hugs
    kgangel
  5. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Thank You:

Jennhere

Windblade

Dejovu

Kangel

I can feel God's love coming through all of you to me.

I shot out of bed this morning with the pain and have taken an oxy and two vicodin and hr ago so I'm not feeling much right now. I hope to get some help on Monday. My Dr is out of town too. Thank you, you are all so great. This is the first time I've used the worship board.

I'll write more later, can't hold my head up.

Bless You
    Carolyn
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I pray you got some sleep last night. Interesting suggestion about letting the tablet dissolve in your mouth. Not sure if this would work. When my kids were losing their teeth, I would have them hold a spoonful of whiskey in their mouth, it helped numb, then spit it out. Of course I had one kid who swallowed it deliberately.

I got that advice from my pediatrician when babies are teething, take a jigger of whisky and rub as much as possible on the baby's gums and drink the rest yourself.

Dental pain is relentless and horrid.

Carolyn I will pray you get relief and that this problem does not come back.
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

How you doing today??
    Any let up yet?

Sending more prayer your way.
    Hang in there.

Hugs
    misty
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

but if not here is a couple of things that might help...put an ice bag (ice in a ziplock bag, or a bag of frozen peas, corn, etc) covered with a wash cloth on the area that hurts. Leave it on as long as needed. If it is a tooth ache use a whole clove and put it inside your mouth in the area that hurts.

I have tried both these things and they helped when pain meds would not!

I am sending prayers. Hugs, Tam