Need prayer support for moving, please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by suzbee, Aug 12, 2004.

1. suzbee

suzbee New Member

Hello, folks,

I don't get over to this board often enough. But I know this group will pray! So I come with a request.

Both my husband and I have CFIDS/FMS. We've had it about 7 years. This year we're finally getting some good treatment, but the financial damage has already been done. We have not been able to keep up our home and property, either, so we're selling it. There are several other factors.

So, we rented a little house not far from where we live, and we move on 8/16. We have hired someone to come move the big, heavy stuff. Our problem is cognitive fog -- figuring out how to coordinate the move, what to pack and what to get rid of, help with the problem of just standing there staring at all of it and panicking, etc.

Some of our local family members are helping with some things as they are able, but most of them have health problems too, or they are way older than we are, and we can't lean on them too hard.

We gave a very transparent request to our church, asking -- pleading -- for help two weeks ago. Just a few hours of somebody's clear-headedness and organizational skill. Not only that, we asked if some people would get together with us and pray for us and for our healing.

We have not heard one peep out of one soul, and I'm not feeling too charitable about that bunch right now. In fact, I'm downright angry on one hand, and deeply saddened on the other.

Would you please keep us in your prayers?

suzbee
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

as I sit here at my computer I am praying for you, I hope you feel the Lords peace soon, that is one of the things I am praying for
    luv lisa
  3. grge

grge New Member

your friends may let you down your church may let you down, but our Lord Jesus will never fail you. I am praying that you will have all the help you need for moving.
    Georgia
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I was just thinking about you this morning and here I find your post. I wish I lived near you, I would certainly pitch in to help. I'm sorry that has happened in your church. That's exactly the trouble with a lot of churches/christians -----they talk the good talk but can't really, really live being a christian. Let go of the anger. You don't need the stress from it. It doesn't accomplish anything but make you more sick. I know this move is a good thing for you and your husband and of course, you'll be right there to pop in all the time with your family. What's happening with your cat? Is your Mom going to take it? I'll be praying and thinking of you on the l6th. Another member of this board is also going through a surgery on that day so I'm lifting both of you up. Take care, I can hardly wait to see a picture of your new home.
  5. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

Suzbee, I am praying God will provide you with all the help you need, & the strength & clarity of mind to cope during this stressful time.
    I moved a year ago, I was off on sick leave for a month, so had plenty of time to get the move sorted & packed & put away etc. I had no help with the packing, but my elderly parents helped with unpacking. I had removal people in to do the move itself.
    It is a stressful thing, so I will continue to lift you up before the Lord.
    Linda.
  6. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

suzbee, Ask the Lord for the peace that only He can give. Then trust in His merciful help and the prayers of all of us who love you and your husband through Him. God Bless You.

PS remember to carry around your spiral notebook with everything in it that you might need to know.
  7. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I certainly understand your delima, when my son and I moved a few months ago we had no help and we are both disabled. i will certainly be praying that God will provide for all your needs and that He will give you and your husband the ability to think clearly and organize this move.

i hope you enjoy your new home

God Bless

Yesh
  8. suzbee

suzbee New Member

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and prayers. I sure did feel them.

I have only a couple of minutes at the computer (which is still at the old house), or I would say a whole lot more. :) DixieLee, your story saddened me very much. More on that later.

My dear (70 yrs old) mom came to the rescue. I don't know how to thank her. And my step-brother, who is already working two jobs, did so much. Nevertheless, there was some crying from exhaustion, frustration, and a lot of very sore muscles.

Moving day was a blessed day, however. I will have to make a separate post about that when I get a chance. Nice day!

After all the important stuff was done, and the big furniture moved (by some lovely, expert fellows), finally I get an e-mail last night (the 16th) from ONE person in our Sunday School class. "Oh, you're moving? Let us know if you need some help and we'll try to fit you into our schedule." Duh. Too late. Already done.

Thanks for your admonishments to drop my anger and bitterness; it only hurts me.

Can't wait to get this computer moved over to the new house so I can get back to regular visits on these boards!

Thanking God for all of you,
    suzbee