1. I just found out that my Dad's CT scan today showed a 6 cm mass on his kidney... Praying it is only a cyst or something else not serious. I am holding onto my faith right now and not panicking... But I can't help but think back to 2011 when we lost my father-in-law, my grandmother and my mother-in-law in a span of 6 months... It just about did me in...

Also, we just found out too that my 1 year old nephew has pneumonia. And while it seems that they caught it early enough to start the antibiotics for him, my mom who keep him during the day seems to have caught what my nephew has... AND my Dad was around the baby today because they took him to the doctor. We almost lost my dad last Christmas (2011) when he was hospitalized with pneumonia... In fact, he had to miss my daughter's wedding because he was in the hospital.

So please be praying about all this. I woke up feeling especially bad today... Not a full crash, but close to one... So my reserves are depleted to hear such news... But as I said, I'm holding onto the hope that it will be nothing serious... He goes tomorrow for more testing, so maybe we'll find out what it is tomorrow, I hope.

And just before I got all this bad news, my daughter who is at college called me crying because a beloved teacher that we BOTH had at our high school (my kids went to the same High school my husband and I went to) is dying from a brain tumor and is expected to die at any moment... They already called in hospice. He was my daughter's favorite teacher of all time... She took multiple classes from him... He was a very special person who LOVED teaching and had such a zest for life... He won teacher of the year more than once. A VERY beloved man to ALL who knew him. He's only about 60 years old and has a wife and grown kids. He had been battling this cancer for the last 3 years or so. So heartbreaking...

When it rains, it pours....

Thank you for your prayers...

Blessings,
    Shel
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

your family, Shel....yes when it rains it pours sometimes....

Our family is having some trying issues, so it is very hard, but we keep the HOPE up. jam
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2013]
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

It's hard not to worry, but you've got a strong faith and you have to remember that God is always in control. If he leads you to something he will lead you thru it also.
  4. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'll be praying for your dad & mom and for you also in this very trying time. I had a mass on my brain that was recently discovered on an MRI but it turned out to be a small benign cyst. It's not always serious, but I know how the waiting can make you feel.

I hope your little nephew heals quickly. Several of my grandkids have had pneumonia and one of my sons had it when he was 6 months old. They did fine once they got treatment.

I had a favorite person in my life in high school that died of lukemia. She was the dean of girls. One of the sweetest people I've ever know, so compassionate. I'll never forget her. I had been ill with mono that year and she made special arrangements for me to have all my classes on the first floor when I returned. I could never have made it up and down the stairs.

I realized later that she was ill herself when this was happening to me. I think being so ill probably made her more aware of what I was going through. I still think about her kindness and I'm 72 years old. That's how much of an impression she made on me as a girl of 17.

Please take care of yourself and try to rest a lot. Hugs, GB66
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

sending you lots of prayers for you & your family.
  6. ... I SO appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts!

Jam, I will be praying for your family as well... Sorry that your family is having some serious issues as well... I'm glad to hear that you are holding onto hope! As am I...

Sunflowergirl, you are right... Whatever God leads us to, He will also lead us through... I am leaning hard on Him, as always...

Gb66, thanks for sharing your own story with a special teacher... They have such a profound impact on us... So thankful for the ones who love what they do and love kids... Such a blessing!

And thank you too, beadlady! I'm hoping to hear some good news today... I will keep y'all posted...

Can't thank y'all enough! God bless each of you!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel:)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry. Yes, it is raining. Praying for all of you.

Love, Mikie
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts - take care -

Mary
  9. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Sorry all this worry has come upon your heart. Thinking of you and yours. Love, Michele
  10. ...I don't know what I'd do without this board and all of you who are so kind, helpful, caring and supportive! You all are such blessings... Truly!

Unfortunately, I've been dealing with a severe crash for the past few days, brought on, I'm sure, by the emotion of all that's been going on, AND my pushing myself for my dad's birthday which was Friday.

I will be making a separate post with an update on my dad's situation... Please continue to pray.... Thanks so much! God bless you!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel