Need Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by receani, Jun 28, 2003.

1. receani

receani New Member

Dear Family
    I am requesting prayer for strength of mind. Within this past year I have lost my job, my husband[to a so-called friend], my health, my finances. I had to quit school ( I was soon to get my BA). I lost my ability to fight spiritually. I just want to be able to be of some use to my children , grandchildren, and those who also have suffered spiritually, emotionally and physically. I worked as a substance abuse counselor and had a desire to especially work with women with children in order to break the cycle of abuse. I wanted to open a Christian based substance abuse program.I feel so useless and am afraid that I will not leave much of a legacy when I die.
  2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I am Jessica and very pleased to 'meet' you, please don't give up, God loves us so much, you beautiful legacy is your children and grandchildren, I don't want to turn this into a 'my situation is worse then your situation' but if I may tell you a little about me, I really can relate to you, with in 1 1/2 years to, I became deathly ill with these diseases (lupus sle & scleroderma), got separated in the hospital from a husband who was manic depressive/bipolar disorder, had to find homes for my children when the drs. said I was dying, find a way to get them to two states away, fight to keep my daughter while I was fighting for me life, during all this, I never asked God why, I did that once before when my mom died, but now I'm a christian, I've always had alot of my in God and he has never let me down, that not to say that in the beginning of this disease when I was gaining my strength, I felt like a failure, I felt like I failed my kids by getting sick, how can I get sick, when I'm the only person they have, (I'm a single mom of 4, three teenage boys and a three year old girl), but we've learned that this is all in God's plan for us, and in His timing He has made me "better", both physically, spiritually, and emotionally, I've just had to learn to lean on Him more, during this time I had stopped going to church because it was the church that was helping my husband to try and take my daughter away, it took me 2 years to find another church, but during my time away from church, I never lost faith in Christ, I always told anyone that would listen how good God was, I guess I was always testifying till I was blue in the face!!!I know I'm going on and on and I don't mean to, but don't lose hope, I'm praying for you....

In Christ
    Jessica
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I will surely pray for all your requests. God is very generous, and when one door closes, He will always open another for us.

You mentioned that you worked with substance abuse, and abused women and children (did I understand what you wrote correctly?).
    Well if you would be interested, we do have a board on this site for 'Abuse' and one for 'Addiction', they are not too popular, but if you would like to check then out you may find people on both boards that could use some of your professional help.

That would be a start for you to be helpful in an area that you are familiar with.

As for as a legacy when you die, well you said you are a Christian, in that case you are the child of a King, therefore that makes you a Princess.

Remember, God can use you in many ways, there are things that we do and say that we are not even aware of them helping others, but when we get to Heaven, we will be quite surprise how important some of those small things we have done that has such an impact on others and will be rewarded for them from the King of King's Himself.

God bless, and I will pray that He gives you words, that will have an impact on others. We all serve in differnt ways.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have a wonderful idea and I pray that God sends you what you need to implement it. Consider these things temporary setbacks and look to the future.

One thing I have found from being sick is that we have to keep the Faith and have to have patience. God does everything in His own time. He also has plans for us which may differ from the plans we make. This has taught me acceptance. All these are hard lessons.

The legacy we leave is the love we have for each other and the difference we make in others' lives. We needn't do great deeds to help others. We do it day by day in our everyday lives.

My Mother died almost a year ago. By many people's standards, she probably didn't accomplish any great feats, but everyone who knew her talked about her jokes. She would tell jokes to everyone she met as soon as she felt comfortable with them. She brought so much needed humor into people's daily lives. When she was alive, I never considered this to be a big deal. It wasn't until she died that I realized that with this simple gift of telling jokes that she elevated people's spirits and helped them forget their problems for a bit. Her legacy is HUGE.

Love, Mikie