Need prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sissy70, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Sissy70

Sissy70 New Member

I had just recently found the FMS/CFS board and it has really been helping me a lot. Someone on there mentioned this board and I really like what I have been reading.
    About 3 months ago I started going to church and reaffirmed my life with Christ and decided that I truly needed to live my life for him and in order to do that one thing I needed to do was to quit smoking. Well I did quit and I was doing great for a month and then my grandfather passed away and I found myself not going to church as often and picking the cigerettes back up. I really don't know why I did that as it was truly stupid. It's just that some days I just can't think past the pain and I truly need to put Christ first, before myself. I am bound and determined that I am going to start attending church again this Saturday evening and once again start my life anew with Christ in my life. This means I am going to stop smoking again as of tomorrow morning and I truly need all the help I can get. I have been smoking for almost 20 years now so it will be really difficult to do, but I believe that with the power of prayer and the power of Christ I will be able to do it. Please pray that quitting smoking will take this time for good. I know it will take a lot of work and it will be hard, but it will be worth it in the long run. I am so ashamed that I smoke that I won't do it in public, but it is still so very hard to stop. Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts and prayers. I will truly be needing them the worst on Saturday as the third day is always the worst for some reason.

God Be with You,
    Danielle
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I will be praying that the Lord will help you stop smoking.
    Dear Lord, give Danielle the strength to overcome her smoking habit. Give her some peace and comfort during this struggle. God bless.

Danny
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m praying that God gives you the strength to quit. He can do it and so can you, just believe.

Sandyz
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good to hear you have returned to the Lord and your church.

Will be glad to pray for your smoking. My husband quit 11 years ago through prayer. He always gives the Lord the glory for his quitting.

God bless..........

Shalom, Shirl
  5. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I know what you are going through, I smoke too. I will pray for you and maybe you can pray for me too!
    Lisa
  6. Sissy70

Sissy70 New Member

Well so far so good. It hasn't been too bad, but I know for some reason the first two days are always easy for me and then that thrid day it just gets me.

I will definately be praying for you as well. We can support one another through it as well. :)

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know they are helping me and everytime I have wanted a cigerette today I have pulled out the bible and just started reading and praying. It is definately helping.
    Thanks again.

God Bless,
    Danielle
  7. Sissy70

Sissy70 New Member

I was a bit testy today, but other than that I did fine. I think the kids wish I would go back to smoking LOL. My husband is quitting with me this time and he seems to be doing really well. He usually gives in on day one, but he is also on day two and doing great. Normally he is the testy one LOL. I think your prayers are helping both of us so please keep them up. :) I just can't wait until there is one day that I just don't think about picking one up even when I'm with my relatives that do smoke. My house already smells tons better. I can't believe that I still smell like my soap from my morning shower before I go to bed. I haven't smelled that since I was 16 years old. Thank you very much for all your thoughts, prayers, and support. I know I couldn't do this without Christ's support and guidance.

God Bless,
    Danielle