Need Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Friends,

I feel guilty even asking for prayer, but I need help. I should be on top of the world now that I am feeling better and able to try working. My work is commission only and I am really having a hard time getting it started. That is to be expected.

The problem is that I am in a funk and not deriving pleasure from anything in life. I know this is a type of depression which is something I usually do not experience.

I am very grateful that I have healed to this point, but I am not sure this is what I want to be doing. I have pretty much accomplished every thing I set out to do in my life and am not interested in things which used to attract me. There is nothing new which is attracting me either. I always thought if I could just get to the point where I could work and keep my condo, it would be enough. Obviously, I was wrong.

My life is going through a big upheaval right now and I have faith that somewhere along the line, the ansswer will come. In the meantime, it is hell. I ran into a kindred spirit at corp. training. Both of us probably have another 20 years on this Earth and would like to contribute in a meaningful way. There is no burning fire under me and I again want to feel passionate about something in my life.

My cousin just died and in the last two years, I have lost my Mother and two of our beloved dogs. Perhaps it has just been too much loss. I have always turned this kind of adversity into something creative, but this time it is much more difficult. I cannot see a future for myself.

Sorry for the pity party. Actually, I'm not feeling so much sorry for myself as guilty because I have been so blessed and yet feel so lost. Please pray for me that I find the path which God wants me to follow for the greatest good of all concerned. Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  2. PrayerAngel316

PrayerAngel316 New Member

Please do not feel guilty for asking for prayer, We all stand in need for prayers.

I'm so sorry that you have went through so many losses the past two years.

I will be praying that you will find the path which God wants you to follow.............Blessings to you, Judy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Its always a labor of love to pray for you Mikie, you are one of the nearest and dearest to me.

I will petition the Lord for you to find what you need and want in your life and to make you feel more worthy in this journey you have before you.

God's blessings going out to you................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

It could be a variety of things Mikie. I know God will show you the way. I can understand about grief and loss. The depression I definitely know about. Just know God knows your pain, continue praying for answers and that Gods will, will be done. I hope something comes your way to inspire you, put some fire under you. Guilt just eats away at you, feel free to come ask for prayer anytime friend!

I will be praying for you..

Sunshyne
  5. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Sometimes God allows many trials in our lives...some that we can not ever explain, grief, the pain of losing ones we love, chronic pain and sometimes a "feeling" that we just can not explain. I will lift you up to the Throne of our Heavenly Father and ask Him to give you peace...even when you do not understand..I also want you to take that "guilt" you are feeling and throw it out!! You are a blessing to many people on these boards, and it is okay to just need some extra prayers going up directly FOR YOU, no apologies necessary.....

Hugs....
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've had that nasty crud I had a few weeks ago hit me again since returning from Atlanta. I can't get in to see the doc until tomorrow. In the meantime, I will self-medicate and hope it helps.

I pray for all of you every day as I know how challenging our lives are on so many fronts. Thank you all for your wonderful support and prayers.

Love, Mikie
  7. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Mikie,

Sorry that you are going thru such a difficult time in your and I pray that everything turns round soon. I'm going thru some similiar times ,when it seems things come from all direction. I used to get all worried about what would happen, and imagine the worst.

And I've always heard that turn all your troubles and worries over to the Lord. But I never seemed to able to really do it. That is until I join this Worship board and found all this support.

I just told my wife last night, because I could see the worries in her eyes. I told her that the Lord will see us thru these times and that We both just have to hand every thing over to the lord. He will guide us and handle all our problems. I said everyone in the world has their on set of problems and difficulties to deal with. But we have to remember at the same time to Thank the Lord each and every day for the Blessings he has provided first and then ask for him to help us and guide us. This certainly has helped me.

Lets all be thankful for what we have and the Lord will take care of the rest. God bless you Mikie.

In Jesus name,amen.

Danny
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for you as you requested. Maybe you are experiencing that let down feeling when you wait for something so long, and the time finally arrives and there is a bit of a let down.

Whatever the reason, I hope you feel better soon about everything. Being ill so long I think permanently changes us. We don`t look at the world the same and our priorities sure change. If this job isn`t fufilling, maybe there`s something else out there that would be better for you. Just some thoughts.

all the best,
    Sandy