Need prayers 9/19/03 - Update

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hikagranma, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

Putting 9/19/03 UPDATE up here - then you don't have to plow thru all if you care not to....

I saw my doctor today - thyroid all ok...as were all the tests.

Talked to him about the feeling depressed - we discussed this - since I am on as much medication as I am able to take I/we decided I will work on it thru a well known program I used to be in [in Racine] - for nervous patients AND nervous people....A self Help program. [I am a nervous person.]
    It was intoduced to the city in about 1955 by a Lutheran pastor - so I feel this too is God lead....

I told him it is a good organiation and that there is a WEB site - he is very intested in this! - and asked me to get the inforaation to him. He said this several times - I think this is why God may have had me have the depression. This is a wonderful group....and I will do this.

This got me thinking - the night Oct.1,1974 [about 7PM] My Tuesday night [phone prayer circle] Bible Verse was Ep.6 v18: [Living New Testament] "Pray all the time. Ask God for anything in line w/ the Holy Spirit's wishes. Plead w/ him, reminding him of your needs, and keep praying earnestly for all Christiams everywhere."....Then the person calling added on a thought for the week - before giving us the week's prayer requests....The thought was: "praying for others turns thoughts away from ourselves.".....

At the end of the prayer requests - each week was the little prayer you have seen me use again and again on here - and on the my other BB. This is: "I come to you, in Your Name, Jesus - In Faith Believing Thy will be done. Amen & Amen

Little did I know - at the hour that I heard all these words - that before midnight - my husband would be called home to the Lord.

That Bible verse - and the thought for that week - were words I will never forget and always cherish.

Yes - I believe truely that God has once again directed my steps.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    ____________________9/14/03__________
    Don't know if I an sorta depressed or is it brain Fog - or both - did post on regulare BB - So here I ask for prayersw - to help me over this 'bump' - hard right now to reach out to My Lord - I am trying - so Prayers please! Marian

9/15/03 8:45PM Thank all of you for getting me thru last evening - Knowing the prayers out there enabled me to really sleep well.

When I went to setup my pills for the night - I noticed that I had not taken my AM meds.

This morning I called the pharmacist to see if not taking those certain pills could cause yesterdays depression [which was still there when I awoke].

He said even though it took 6 weeks last year to feel the results of the meds - by this time my blood level was up - and one day missed could cause the the depressed mood yesterday.

Thank you again for the prayers which got me thru the night and early morning.

Tonight I feel pretty good.
    Marian

[This Message was Edited on 09/15/2003]

Update 9/18/19
    Hi I am back! Still need prayers - I do feel better than Sunday - but still completly not out of the depressed feelings - and then later in the day - anxious feelings 'join' the lowered feelings - not real bad - BUT JUST DON'T LIKE FEELING THIS WAY!

I do see the doctor tomorrow- he is an understanding man - and has know me for many years.

So guess why I am writing this update - is that I still need those prayers - it still is hard to reach out to My Lord.

Also prayers for my daughter,Martha, today she has her routine physical - she gets so apprehensive B4 [always] because of her early years of doctors and hospitals. [Heart surgery in 1960 at age of 4] She has felt your prayers - but still asks for continued prayers.

A prayer of thanks from her - she asked for prayers regarding a new partner at work - this started on the 1st of August. Things have been working out very well.

It is so good to have this place and all you friends to come to. Thank you all. Marian [granma][This Message was Edited on 09/18/2003]

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2003]
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Marian,

Dear Lord please bless Marian during her trying time and and give her peace and comport. Give her strength to endure.

Amen, Danny
  3. LindaH

LindaH New Member

You certainly have my prayers. Whatever your problems we will take it to the Lord. May you find rest and peace and know that you are loved.

Have had a long few days and haven't been here but I want you to know I keep you and everyone else in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon.

God Bless
    Linda
  4. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I will be praying for you too! I have and still have 'bumps' that I need help getting over.
    Lisa
  5. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

Just bringing this to the top.
  6. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks for letting us all know how you are doing. Glad to hear that you are feeling some better. That is a blessing in itself! I will still keep praying and believing for you. I do know what you mean about it being hard to reach out to the Lord on our own behalf and that is why we need this board so we can all reach out to Him together. I will also pray for Martha to overcome her fears of this physical today. Glad you had a good report about Martha's work situation.
    God Bless you Marian
    Lisa
  7. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

I WANT TO THANK ALL FOR YOU - THOSE THAT RESPONDED AND THOSE THAT READ AND PRAYED - I DON'T RESPOND TO all - BUT YOU ALL ARE INCLUDED AT MY 10 am & 10pm PRAYER HOUR. ALSO ALL THE FRIENDS W/ UNSPOKEN NEEDS.OUR GREAT GOD KNOW ALL THE NEEDS OP HIS CHILDREN.

mARTHA THANKS YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS FOR HER - SHE HAD HER PHYSICAL - ALL WAS FINE.

mAY OUR HEAVENLY WATCH OVER YOU ALL TONIGHT. lOVE TO YOU ALL, mARIAN
  8. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

Bringing to the top.